(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
ICYMI, this past weekend’s first episode of Saturday Night Live’s new season featured Chris Rock in one sketch as a Pittsburgh public health official, and a whole lot of double entendres that made it past NBC censors.
OK, it wasn’t exactly chock full of Pittsburgh pride or local references, but one of the best comedians of our time was standing in front of the city seal. And last week also saw Wiz Khalifa’s delivery-only restaurant chain open up in his hometown.
It’s a nice reminder that you gotta celebrate the wins, no matter how small. So after you check out all the job postings we have this week and apply to the ones that catch your fancy, give yourself a little cheer, and a little special treat, like a Mile High Dark Chocolate Brownie.
Pittsburgh-based Powercast Corp. has developed its own temperature-taking technology initially devised for its own in-house use. While it currently does not list specific positions on its Careers site, you can still zap them your resume — that is, if you think you can stand the heat.
PNC’s tech incubator Numo acquired a local startup that focuses on consumer perks with debit transactions.
The Local Jobs
- Help usher some of the most exciting ventures in life sciences as the CEO at LifeX Labs.
- PNC is looking for its new Security Architect to help keep things tight.
- Siemens is in need of a Project Software Engineer to develop tools for its rail infrastructure.
- Carnegie Mellon University wants a new Senior Research Scientist in Machine Learning to join its SEI Emerging Technology Center.
- IAM Robotics is hiring a Robotics Software Engineer.
- The marketing team over at Carnegie Learning needs an innovative new Marketing Web Developer.
- UPMC is in the market for a new Senior Systems Analyst.
- Consulting firm Attain wants to find its next Senior .NET Developer.
- SoftWriters needs a new Senior Software Engineer to coach a team in delivering solid code.
- Smith+Nephew is hiring a UI/UX Designer to help develop user interfaces across its products.
- Zoom needs a Java Full Stack Engineer.
- Apple wants to snag a Software Engineer to join its iWork team.
- Microsoft wants to hire a new Senior Platform Hardware Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Help HealthLumen model non-communicable diseases as its Remote Python C Developer.
- Crisp is trying to fill an opening for a Remote iOS Developer.
- Fulton Bank is hiring a IT Senior Data Engineer, and the position is eligible to be remote in Pennsylvania.
Time to hit the dressing room for a costume change. Come back for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.-30-
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Sweating in sweaters
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Inspiration on Aisle 5
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Keystone State bragging rights
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: How do ya like ‘dem apple trees
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh