(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Maybe you’ve been judgy in the past about the neighbors down the street who go a bit wild decorating their homes and lawns with overgrown pumpkins, scarecrows, dried corn and eight-foot-tall sunflowers. No more.
With all the challenges we’ve gotten through in 2020, it’s time to let it all out. If your front lawn looks like the set of “Oklahoma!” then you’ve carried out an important public service.
Because it’s the seemingly innocuous rituals and traditions that carry outsized power to maintain hope and keep people’s eyes off the prize for a little while. So strap on those overalls, don that straw hat and pour through the dozens of job opportunities that could have you feelin’ like everything’s goin’ your way.
Mindera opened a Pittsburgh office in 2018, and local experts hope it’s a signal that Pittsburgh could be expanding its tech industry beyond highly specialized firms to all sorts, including ones dedicated to software development. Oh, and looky here … the firm currently has nine openings in the ‘burgh.
Even though Zoom’s plan to open offices in Pittsburgh is on hold for now, the silver lining is that the company is still actively hiring in the region. Its employees are set to work remotely for another year, according to a spokesperson.
The Local Jobs
- Help Abridge AI develop its engineering culture as Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Be a leader in UX at PNC as its Senior Innovation Application Architect.
- OpenArc is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to work on the back end.
- Here’s your chance to put all those hours of gaming to use: Schell Games is hiring a Senior Engineering Team Lead.
- AV company Aurora is in need of a Machine Learning Engineer in Motion Simulation.
- BNY Mellon wants a Data Engineer to help improve its processes for data research.
- Check out this open Senior Java Engineer position at 3M in Pittsburgh.
- The University of Pittsburgh is searching for a Senior IT Project Manager to join the team at the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center.
- Recruiter eNGINE is looking to place a Java Developer with its client.
- IQ Inc. is trying to find its next Senior Software Engineer.
- Duolingo wants an Engineering Manager to manage a team.
- Help design Uber Advanced Technologies Group’s AV mapping systems as Localization Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Tribe is on the hunt for a Remote Full Stack Developer.
- Help remake travel planning as Remote Senior Software Engineer at bookingkit.
- SmartLogic needs to add a Ruby on Rails Developer to its ranks.
Well, the square dance is over for now. Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Sweating in sweaters
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Inspiration on Aisle 5
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Keystone State bragging rights
This Week in Jobs Pittburgh: Irma Gerd, SNL
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh