(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Blankets, pajama bottoms, the sudden eradication of iced coffee. This is not a drill, the best season is here. The weather in Pittsburgh has been *mwah* fantastique. Skies have been clear, distant hills have been vividly green. The warm mid-day’s picture-perfect conditions have led seamlessly into brisk evenings, when you can hug your favorite body pillow through a blissful slumber.
When conditions are this good, you can’t treat the day just like any other. Whether it’s glorious climes, or amazing career opportunities, TWIJ is all about carpe-ing the diem. So take that crisp fall air in, and drink up the exciting jobs available at tech firms in Pittsburgh and beyond.
Technical.ly’s 10th Annual (and first all-virtual) Philly Tech Week expands to well beyond the City of Brotherly Love this year, and you can still register for this week’s events here. The impressive lineup of speakers includes NPR’s Guy Raz and leaders from impactful firms around the mid-Atlantic.
Back here in Pittsburgh, Seegrid won another big capital infusion, $27 million from an unnamed group of investors. It’s the second such boost to the AV company since March, when it got a $25 million from venture investor firm G2VP. Coincidentally, Seegrid has quite a number of open positions right now.
The Local Jobs
- Lead the charge in developing the next big venture in life sciences, as Chief Executive Officer of the University of Pittsburgh-backed accelerator LifeX Labs.
- AV firm Aurora is looking to take on a new Functional Safety Engineer.
- Lifestyle brand ModCloth needs an Ecommerce Operations Manager to help handle the company’s logistics.
- Carnegie Robotics wants someone with experience in both hardware and software for its next Manufacturing Test Engineer.
- Honeywell is looking for a Robotics Engineer with experience in R&D.
- Still in school? Check out this Systems Software Engineering Intern opportunity at Vertica.
- Oxford Solutions is looking for a seasoned .Net Application Developer to join the team.
- Recruiter eNGINE is hunting on behalf of a client for a PHP Developer.
- Proofpoint is looking for a Product Manager to help enhance its security platform.
- OpenArc needs a Cloud Lead to help maintain cloud systems and infrastructure.
- Titan Robotics has a number of openings at various experience levels for Robotic Engineers.
- Become the next MacOS Software Engineer at Zoom.
- Duolingo is seeking a new Senior Product Manager to onboard.
- If hardware is your thing, check out this Senior Mechanical Engineer position at Microsoft.
The Remote Jobs
- SmartLogic is looking for a Remote Product Designer to help with UX.
- Agilis Chemicals wants a Remote Senior Software Engineer to help build its web applications.
- Sports! Sparrow Vision is hiring a Remote iOS Developer to develop an app that can handle a lot of video and animation.
That’s it, time to get some spices for the mulled wine. Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Inspiration on Aisle 5
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Keystone State bragging rights
This Week in Jobs Pittburgh: Irma Gerd, SNL
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: How do ya like ‘dem apple trees
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh