(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
If you’ve tried to get your hands on a brand-new pair of roller skates or a bicycle recently, you know the pain of coming up short. There’s a long wait for a new bike, and thanks to TikTok, good luck trying to get your hands on some sweet boardwalk-cruising skates.
It goes to show the high demand for fun just won’t abate. People won’t give up, no matter what it takes to find a little joy in life. As a TWIJ reader, we know you don’t give up, and neither do the dozens of companies hiring today. So get out there, feel the wind in your hair, and see what big new opportunity awaits!
Pittsburgh-based startup Aspinity has secured $5.3 million in Series A funding for its reconfigurable analog modular processor (RAMP) used with raw analog sensor data. And wouldn’t you know, the firm is now hiring.
Technical.ly’s Developers Conference is going virtual this year. So if you’re looking to get a look at the newest skills and check out an impressive line of speakers, learn more and register here. Also, these 12 companies eager to hire talent will be on hand to connect with you.
Take a look at the coronavirus-killing robots that Pittsburgh-based Safe Space Technologies has developed with the help of ultraviolet light.
The Local Jobs
- LifeX Labs is looking for seasoned vets to join its Executive in Residence team. Be an in-house consultant for startups in the life sciences.
- Help make sure PNC’s services can reach the most people as its Accessibility Engineer.
- Humana needs a Lead Enterprise Architect – Enterprise Cloud Architecture to help lead its cloud strategy.
- Proofpoint is on the lookout for a Front End Developer to keep its web platform easy to use.
- Mellon wants to find its next Data Engineer, who will help develop research strategies.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific wants to hire its next Validation Engineer III.
- Locomation, Inc. is looking to take on a new Network Architect to help with its AV trucking technology.
- The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is hiring its next Director, Information Technology.
- Be DeltaTrainer’s second technical hire as Full-Stack Engineer.
- Take the bait and become the next Mobile Software Developer at Anglr.
- KEF Robotics is on the hunt for its next Robotic Software Engineer.
- Microsoft is searching for a seasoned Senior Mechanical Engineer to add to its ranks.
- Duolingo needs a Senior Software Engineer, Android.
The Remote Jobs
- If you’ve got Java experience, Boyle Software might need you for its Remote Senior Java Developer position.
- If you like thwarting cyber intruders, Praetorian Cybersecurity may want you as its next Remote Senior Software Engineer Who Likes Microservices.
Good ride. Time to take off those compression shorts. Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Sweating in sweaters
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Inspiration on Aisle 5
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Keystone State bragging rights
This Week in Jobs Pittburgh: Irma Gerd, SNL
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh