(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
We’re on the other side of Labor Day, and signs of fall are all around. Here at TWIJ, we can do the Autumn Man thing all day; breaking out the cable-knit sweaters, the leaf peeping, taking the ol’ pigskin to the park.
But we will not make any cheap and tired references to a certain flavored hot beverage offered at Starbucks as a way to celebrate the onset of the fall. Besides, we prefer a honey cinnamon latte from Redhawk in the Innovation District.
Out with the old and in with the new, isn’t that what innovation is all about? If you’re looking to kick the tires on some new opportunities, we have the most compelling postings for you right here.
Guy Raz, host of the NPR podcast How I Built This, will be headlining the keynote festivities at Technical.ly’s Introduced daylong conference on Sept. 25. You can register for the event here. It’s all part of the 10th annual Philly Tech Week (all virtual, of course).
Pittsburgh-based companies are jumping on the enormous spike in demand for virtual learning technology, including BirdBrain Technologies. As interest grows, keep an eye on the opportunities at the Homewood startup.
And on the newest episode of The TWIJ Show, we explore how companies can increase employee engagement now that nearly two-thirds of Americans are working remotely.
The Local Jobs
- Get in early at Abridge AI as its Lead DevOps Engineer.
- PNC is looking to hire a Security Engineer with experience in Azure Sentinel.
- Near Earth Autonomy is trying to add an Electrical Engineer who works with hardware.
- AV player Seegrid is hiring for an Application Systems Engineer.
- Contribute to some important journalism focused on criminal justice as a Product Designer at The Marshall Project.
- OpenArc is looking to nab a Back End Software Developer.
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute wants to add a C Programmer to its staff.
- Recruiter Pyramid Consulting Group is trying to connect a client with its next Senior .NET Software Engineer.
- RE2 Robotics is looking for a veteran in control system design to fill its Principal Robotics Control Systems Engineer position.
- Hit it out of the park as Senior Backend/API Engineer at Diamond Kinetics.
- The Avere Scenarios & Infrastructure team in Azure Storage at Microsoft is hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
- If you’re new to the workforce, Duolingo is hiring a New Graduate Data Scientist.
The Remote Jobs
- CAI wants to add to its ranks a Remote Senior Developer Junior Architect.
- Graphic Language is looking to hire a Remote Mid Level Front End Responsive Developer.
- BairesDev needs a Remote .NET Developer.
We hope TWIJ has brought a little spice to your job search this week. Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Clear skies, full hearts
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The need for wheels
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Be more like Chadwick
How the growth of tech and energy are shaping Pittsburgh’s workforce
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh