(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
“Stay in the moment,” they say. “All we have is now.” We’re in the last unofficial week of summer, and you could enjoy the remaining days of invigorating sun and dips in your water body of choice, or you could needlessly consume yourself with the future: pumpkin spice, sweaters, the incessant whir of leaf blowers.
In the professional world, the now is important, but the path ahead always has to be in mind. It’s difficult to wrap your head around just how many uncertainties there are heading into fall. But if our jobs section is any indicator, innovation and new services continue to emerge. Let’s get crackin’.
Rimsys, a software firm that focuses on regulatory compliance in the medical industry, announced a $1.5 million cash infusion from investors led by VC group Allos Ventures. To bury the lede, Pittsburgh-based Rimsys is hiring! Check it out in the jobs section.
Check out this profile on LifeX Labs, an incubator for biotech firms that tries to get great ideas past difficult and costly R&D phases. LifeX Labs is looking for talent and leadership, and we have those details below too.
A contact-tracing mobile app for Pennsylvanians is set for a September release, and state officials are bracing for privacy concerns from residents, after issues from similar products elsewhere in the world.
The Local Jobs
- If you’ve earned your stripes in the healthcare/pharma world, LifeX Labs is looking for folks to join its Executive in Residence team to support its incubator program.
- One of LifeX Labs’ portfolio startups, NOCTEM, is searching for a dream Full Stack Developer.
- RIMSYS wants a Customer Success Engineer with some experience in the medical device industry.
- Bosch Security Systems is looking for its next Senior Software Developer.
- Attention bookworms! Zoobean needs a Senior Developer for its products that help young readers track goals and challenges.
- Argo AI is hiring for a Data Engineer in Machine Learning Infrastructure & Analytics.
- Get on the ground floor of DeltaTrainer as a Full Stack Engineer.
- Titan Robotics is looking to nab a Robotics Engineer who knows their way around C++.
- Seegrid, AV developer in industrial settings, is in need of a UX Strategist.
- OpenArc wants to take on a Python Developer to handle software development planning.
- Othot, which is applying AI tech to the higher education arena, is looking for a Technical Support Specialist.
- Cupertino, California-based Apple, Inc. is hunting for a new Pittsburgh-based AI/ML Engineering Manager for Siri Health.
- Microsoft is in the market for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group is on the lookout for a Senior Mission Manager, who will help run AV testing.
The Remote Jobs
- Underline is trying to find its next Senior Frontend Software Engineer.
- Curotec has the need for an Experienced Magento Developer.
- Facebook is looking to add an Android Software Engineer to its team.
That’s it, stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Clear skies, full hearts
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The need for wheels
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Don’t say it
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Be more like Chadwick
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh