(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
It’s the spot on the calendar when many families load up the car with inner tubes and bug spray and get a much needed break from it all. TWIJ is all about the hustle just as much as a well-earned vacay. So if half your inbox is automated responses anyway, maybe it’s a sign that you should be taking a breather, too.
Not sure what your next career move is? A quiet canoe ride on your favorite lazy river is a great way to clear the mind and give you that next great idea. So, when you’re laying out, tanned and relaxed, TWIJ will be here laying out the newest opportunities.
It’s been a challenge for everyone to stay connected, but tons of groups have figured it out in some form or fashion. Technical.ly has this great roundup of how various professional groups and organizations have kept networks active and dynamic in a time of social distancing.
Colleges like the University of Pittsburgh are finding novel ways to connect recent graduates with career opportunities through alumni networks and a new kind of gig economy.
The Aptiv/Hyundai partnership announced earlier this year now has a name: Motional. The venture focuses on Level 4 AVs, in which human operators don’t need to take control of the vehicle even if something goes wrong (and, as we mentioned last week, it has a bunch of local openings for C++ Software Engineers).
The Local Jobs
- PNC has several listings on Technical.ly’s jobs board, including Software Developer Associate.
- Federal grant-funded LifeX Labs is hiring Full Stack Developer.
- Mindera is looking for a Junior Scrum Master with a year or two of experience under their belt.
- Join Tobii Dynavox’s 200 other Pittsburgh employees as its next Automation Engineer.
- Wear that NASA T-shirt with pure righteousness as Robotics Software Engineer at Astrobotics.
- Back within the planet’s atmosphere, Near Earth Autonomy is hoping to find its next C++ Software Engineer.
- Recruiter eNGINE is looking for a seasoned Information Security Forensics Engineer.
- ConsultUSA is looking to connect a client with a new Oracle PL/SQL Developer.
- Software consulting company IQ Inc. is hiring a Ruby Software Developer.
- Batter up! Diamond Kinetics is looking for a star Senior API/Cloud Engineer.
- Duolingo is searching for an Engineering Manager.
- Uber Advanced Technologies Group has more than 30 openings at the moment, including Full Stack Senior Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- SmartLogic is hunting for a Remote Software Developer, and gathering resumes from folks with varying levels of experience.
- JBS Custom Software Solutions needs a Remote Senior Developer to join its team.
- Toronto-based Tribe is on the lookout for its next Remote Full Stack Developer.
Time to pack it up. TWIJ will be back next week with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Clear skies, full hearts
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The need for wheels
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Don’t say it
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Be more like Chadwick
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh