(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Major League Baseball is on its way back, and it’s becoming a thing for ballparks to pipe out fake cheering from the stands so players can keep communicating strategy without the other team hearing, and not be left alone with just their thoughts next to 40,000 empty seats.
Yogi Berra said the game is 90% mental, and the rest you gotta use your head — and it’s no different in the business world. If you used to get into the swing of things at work behind people chit-chatting about how miserable the Pirates’ bullpen is in the break room, the podcasting world has you covered.
And if you’re looking to make moves career-wise, TWIJ is here to cheer you on with the latest job opportunities in Pittsburgh’s tech scene and beyond.
Technical.ly has launched a new weekly series, ”Technical.ly On The Record,” that takes a deeper look at our recent coverage of the entrepreneurial landscape across the Mid-Atlantic. The pilot episode includes a discussion on Technical.ly’s recent dive into the latest of Pittsburgh’s changing innovation economy (hey, that’s us!).
InnovatePGH Executive Director Sean Luther is set to moderate a panel Wednesday on innovations to address health inequalities, part of the Liftoff PGH In Motion ongoing speaker series.
You may have heard the news that the Trump administration announced last week that hospitals would now need to submit their COVID-19 tracking data to a private firm, rather than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)? Well that firm, TeleTracking Technologies, is based in Downtown Pittsburgh (and hiring). The firm won a $10.2 million contract from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to collect and analyze COVID-19 data from some 3,200 hospitals across the country.
The Local Jobs
- Attention web-based developers, Logix Guru is looking for a Software Developer to help with its web-based apps.
- If you’re all about that C++, Oxford Solutions might want you to fill its open Senior Software Engineer position.
- IQ Inc. hopes you have the aptitude to become its next Software Project Manager.
- Staffing firm ConsultUSA is hunting for a C#/.NET Developer on behalf of a local client.
- AutoCAD aficionados, Optimus Technologies is hiring for a Mechanical Engineering Associate
- Staffing firm eNGINE is on the lookout for a CRM Business Analyst.
- If you’re all about safety first, OpenArc is looking to take on an Infrastructure Security Engineer.
- Front-end folks, Clarivate Analytics needs a Pittsburgh-based UI Engineer
- End-to-end mobile firm DMI is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer with a broad set of skills.
- Some company called Apple is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Duolingo wants to find its next Head of UX Research.
- Java masters Zoom is hiring its next Java Full Stack Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Pharma developer Atomwise is looking for a Python-proficient Remote Senior Software Engineer.
- Take out the baddies at ThreatConnect as its next Senior Software Engineer.
- Back-end folks, SemanticBits is hiring a Remote Backend Software Engineer.
You did it! Take a curtain call, the people demand it! In the meantime, TWIJ will be back next week with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The Dog Days Edition
How this Abridge engineer landed in an unexpectedly fulfilling machine learning career
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: For love of country and TikTok
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Through the trees at warp speed
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly