(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Hey all you cool cats and kittens. We’re still working on this sound effect playing each time you open a TWIJ email.
Speaking of panthers, if you’ve found yourself with some extra time on your hands, some of us have enjoyed counting how many animals are hidden in the negative space of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium logo. We see at least seven, so if you got more than that, cheers to you.
And cheers to the region’s employers that, yes, are still posting new job opportunities. You came to the right place for those. But first, the news.
This applies to just about everyone running a business right now: Pittsburgh-based management consultant Aspirant released a free assessment tool to measure how things are going as companies navigate the transition to an at-home workforce.
While you’re at it, check out the details on Technical.ly’s offer to employers of two free posts to its job boards. And there’s no limit to no-cost job posts if they relate to a company’s direct effort to fight COVID-19.
Stories of the all-hands-on-deck impulse for many in the pandemic is the heart-warming content we need right now. Some 100 students, faculty and staff at the University of Pittsburgh have volunteered to help the new army of remote workers in the region with their IT questions and snafus free of charge. Phones are open during normal business hours Monday through Friday.
- Hey designers, TEK Connexion is laying out for a full-time UX Designer on a contract basis that has solid experience with Sketch.
- All aboard! The chance to help Belcan improve freight rail operation as a Senior Software Engineer is departing shortly.
- If you want to be liked just the way you are, won’t you be IT Manager at Fred Rogers Productions?
- SHzoom is looking for a front-end Software Engineer who likes to stay on top of the newest trends in tech.
- Digital health records continue to be a big deal, and Askesis Development Group is in search of a Software Engineer to help with its efforts at UPMC.
- Pyramid Consulting Group has not one, not two, but three openings for Python Developers who also know their way around R.
- IQ Inc. hopes to score a well-above-average Software Architect who’s an excellent communicator.
- You love data so much, all of them, that you hate when the word isn’t pluralized? Duolingo is looking for a Head of Data Science.
- Google’s Pittsburgh office is one of four locations that’s looking to onboard a Technical Solutions Engineer for wireless services.
- The drive for AV innovation brakes for no one, and Uber is looking to pick up a new Senior Software Engineer to work on perception- and prediction-related algorithms.
- Facebook Reality Labs is poking around for an Annotations Software Engineer.
Enjoy getting to know your mail carrier more? These jobs are remote:
- Scalable Path, looking to remake how stories are told on the internet, is on a hero’s journey to find an Expert React NodeJS MongoDB Developer.
- Baeldung wants Linux developers to write about it on a fee-for-article basis.
- GrammaTech is on the lookout for a Software Engineer to join its research/reverse engineering team.
Next week TWIJ will be back with a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.-30-
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Through the trees at warp speed
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The crowd goes wild
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: The storm before the calm
Big tech companies are flocking to Pittsburgh. The foundation was laid over decades
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly