Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Lights, camera, action
Philly, you burn bright. That’s why you attract the handful of Hollywood stars — and the latest to touch down in your orbit is the one, the only Adam Sandler.
You may have seen the star going on “50 First Dates” in the region, filming an upcoming Netflix movie. Or at a local basketball court, cameoing as “The Waterboy.” Alright, we’re not as funny as your favorite Sandler flick, so the puns stop here (well, just one more).
Looking forward to more celeb sightings in our “Uncut Gem(s)” of a city. Onwards and upwards!
The Technical.ly team covered a lot of ground this week for a busy month ahead. October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Want to break into the industry? Last week, cybersecurity pro David Lipscomb spilled some safety secrets in a Technical.ly Slack AMA.
It’s Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15. Reflect on Latinx culture (and learn what workplaces gain by recognizing the month) with these two important write-ups: “How should your company celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month?” and the ever-important “What 9 Philly Latinx leaders need you to understand about their communities.”
What comes in threes? Can’t-miss articles like “3 new reports that explain Philadelphia’s economic health right now” and “3 Philly orgs are getting corporate money to boost digital literacy skills.”
Don’t be scared! This month’s Events Roundup will inspire you to put yourself out there.
- Extra, extra: For all you journalists, the Delaware Community Foundation Journalism Internship Program is seeking applicants who identify as BIPOC for its paid summer 2022 positions. Apply by Nov. 15.
- Get your head in the game at Penn Interactive:
- Azavea is hiring a Software Engineer for its Raster Foundry Team.
- Wait, what’s the cloud? Find out at Linode:
- Clean up your act at the clean energy-focused firm Inspire:
- Take your career to Infinite Blue and beyond:
- Make clinical data better for all at Pinnacle 21, which is seeking a Software Engineer.
- Crossbeam was voted Tech Startup of the Year by PACT this summer. Not a bad place to get your career moving with these exciting opps:
- Dragons ARE real at Drexel University. The higher ed institution is seeking a Systems Administrator.
- The City of Philadelphia (AKA movie capital of the nation) is hiring a Cloud Engineer.
The Remote Stuff:
- Our friends at Axios are ripe with remote job openings, including:
- Float up, up and away at cloudtamer.io:
- Allied Outdoor Solutions is seeking a Remote Java Software Engineer.
In the mood for a movie marathon about now. See you next week!