Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
On the prowl for lanternflies … oh, and jobs
In this edition of “Philly vs. The World,” folks on the internet resisted the idea of seeking and destroying spotted lanternflies after a recent New York Times column. People wondered how something so beautiful could be dangerous. They questioned man’s audacity to kill any living being.
I don’t have to tell you that lanternflies are old news to Philadelphians. In fact, when we were instructed to kill the pests, there was a lot less moral griping. It’s almost evolved into a sport — tallying the number of enemies knocked down and experimenting with the best choice of weapon (a shoe, a fly swatter, the butt of a cane?). Really, we live for the hunt.
One important note though: If applying to jobs outside of Philadelphia, maybe take “Lanternfly Eradicator” off your resume. Luckily, we’ve got a fresh batch of home-grown tech openings for you to take a swat at.
Our dear city is on the map for higher ed excellence. Seven Philly schools made the cut onto U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 Best Colleges list.
#ICYMI: Who makes $200K, and what does that mean for the city’s future of racial equity and economic mobility? That’s the question driving Technical.ly’s data-driven series that breaks down earnings in several cities. Tell us: What do you know that we don’t, or what do you think we need to come to understand about how tech economies are growing wealth in U.S. cities? We want your feedback.
A PSA: Hurricane Ida rolled through the region earlier this month. If your business was affected, there are physical disaster loans available.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
- Pssst, remember QuotaPath from up top? The software firm, which built its own commission tracking and compensation management platform, is hiring!
- Inspire is all about building a better future. Improve your job forecast with their slate of open jobs opportunities, including:
- Azavea is seeking a Software Engineer for its geospatial applications team and a Project Manager.
- eCity Interactive is growing and hiring a Senior UX Researcher/Designer.
- Digital marketing in Delaware would be a whole lot cooler if you were doing it, don’t you think? Apply to be First Ascent’s Digital Marketing Specialist.
- We already talked about hunting lanternflies, but wanna find great new talent for HealthVerity? The tech hub is hiring a Technical Recruiter.
- Actually scared of all the bugs outside? You never have to leave the house with these remote job opps:
Trying to beat my PR of downing three lanternflies in one sitting. Hbu?