Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A long time coming
Did you ever think you’d see the day? On Friday, Philly shed its mask-wearing mandate for fully vaccinated residents in most settings. Full-capacity crowds cheered on the 76ers and Phillies. Restaurants and bars no longer have an 11 p.m. curfew. Residents and even a Philly bird in a diaper (not kidding, his name is apparently Pygar) flocked to the streets to celebrate.
Oh, Philly, you wonderful, weird beast. I’d say “Philly is back,” but it never really changes … so congrats to all of us for being here to see the city through some bad times and all the good ones, too. And maybe you can celebrate a summer kickoff with an amazing new job you find in this week’s TWIJ.
What does the decline in restrictions mean for tech gatherings? Maybe a hybrid setup and “I’m vaccinated” stickers for willing attendees. After a meetup at the University City Science Center last week, Quorum told Technical.ly how its team decided it was time to offer in-person events again.
Tech company leaders are having to answer the same questions about when (or if) their offices will reopen, and the responses are varied.
One place that’s definitely cool with remote work? Azavea, the social good-focused geospatial tech company. Engineer James Santucci, who started his Azavea career in Philly before moving out West, told Technical.ly all of the details about his start at the company, why he’s happy there and the pandemic hobbies he enjoyed.
- Speaking of Azavea, the company is seeking:
- The Vanguard of today is all about being ahead of the curve. Find out what they’re up to:
- Build your skills and career at Power Home Remodeling:
- A royal flush is a good thing, right? Find out as the next tech-head for Penn Interactive, the gaming developer squad for Penn National Gaming and Barstool Sportsbook:
- Take charge as the Lead Full-Stack Developer for the Springboard Collective.
- Janney Montgomery Scott is looking for a Client Experience Strategist.
- Coordinate, develop and learn a lot as the Engineering Program Manager for FORT Robotics.
- Watch marketing firm SEBPO grow as the next Implementation Coordinator.
- Build cool graphics and software as the Data Architect for the institutional Philadelphia Inquirer.
Just ‘cause the world opened up doesn’t mean you have to dip your toes into it. Keep working from home with these remote job opps:
Go forth and order some late-night Wawa. Have a good week!