(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A petless workplace is a sad place
The CDC dropped a pretty surprising announcement last week, stating masks and social distancing are no longer necessary for fully vaccinated folks in most settings. Plus, Philly is shedding most of its distancing requirements by June 11. This begs a lot of questions: Do we have to go back into the office? Are we ready for a daily commute again? And most importantly … what are our pets going to do? What is working if a cat is not sleeping on your lap?
Pets are the unsung heroes of the pandemic, snuggling up during stressful days, howling in the back of drawn-out calls to break the ice and generally being all of our favorite reasons to stay at home. Maybe your ideal workplace allows you to bring furry friends into the office, or it gives you a hybrid option so you can be with your cute pet part of the time. It’s clear times are a-changin’, but we have lots of options for you to choose from.
On a serious note, companies have to keep up with employees’ evolving work needs to create the best possible work environment. We covered how people ops plans to evolve during one of our Introduced by Technical.ly sessions last week.
Speaking of what will stay and what will go after the pandemic, virtual internships could broaden access to important tech opportunities in Philly. And to help move the First State forward, Delaware is hosting a series of Engage DE brainstorming sessions to tap into its fruitful and civic-minded troop of residents for post-COVID-19 solutions.
Hate your job? Guest poster Lian Parsons-Thomason has been there, too, and shares some helpful tips. And here are some opportunities we really don’t think you’ll hate:
- We pinky promise you’ll love, not hate, these jobs at Tempest:
- Creatives and their pups are encouraged to apply to be a part of URBN:
- Shoot for the stars, or at least the top of the Comcast building:
- Get energized working for the bicoastal tech firm Inspire:
- SaaS company Greenphire seeks a Python Developer.
- Put your community outreach hat on to be the Program Coordinator for STEM Workforce Partnerships at the University City Science Center.
- Work with adult learners as a JAVA training specialist at Delaware Technical Community College.
- Join the People Team at FORT Robotics as a Senior Talent Acquisition Partner.
- Like the livestream life? PICPA seeks a Virtual Event Technical Administrator.
- LaunchCode is a tech education and professional development nonprofit. Help them spread the word as a Tech Lead Instructor.
- Code “on behalf of the people” as an Interactive Developer at the Philadelphia Inquirer.
We were really serious about wondering how we are supposed to leave our pets at home all day. Here’s some fully remote opportunities:
- Associate Software Engineer at Listrak
- Senior Software Engineer at Narrative Science
- Senior Software Engineer (Python/React) at STRATIS IoT
That’s it for meow. We’ll see you next week!
Splinterlands, a blockchain-based gaming company from Philly-area founders, is looking to hire
Cool Job Alert: 1776 needs a director for its Pennovation Center campus
Climbing the engineering ladder at Azavea
This Week in Jobs Philly: Summa, summa, summatime
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia