(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Oh Zyrtec, my Zyrtec
We are planning on being outside this summer. Bring on the cookouts, rooftop sunsets and drinks in the park. No good deed by Mother Nature goes unpunished, though. This year’s allergy season has rushed in at full force, leaving all of us to clutch our Kleenex and trying to keep the on-mic sniffling to a minimum during Zoom meetings.
There was a time during those bleak winter months when the hours of isolation and 5 p.m. sunsets made it feel like Vitamin D was a long-lost nutrient. Let us be the ones to say this is the first year we can actually appreciate allergy season.
Hopefully this intro helped remind you to be grateful for even the most annoying things. Or at least we reminded you to stock up with another bottle of your preferred allergy meds? We’re better at the whole job search thing anyway, so let’s get into it.
How would your mom describe what you do for a living? Technical.ly reporter Paige Gross asked the tech community this question and got some pretty stand-out responses, in honor of Mother’s Day. Another sweet thing to keep your eye on? Tech hiring significantly increased in Q1, shedding an optimistic light for the rest of 2021.
Speaking of hiring, the business collaborative and partner ecosystem platform Crossbeam has a slate of jobs open (we’ll get into the details below). Learn what they’re looking for in new hires in this Q&A with one of their engineering managers.
And it’s a busy week for us at Technical.ly. The 11th annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast kicked off on Friday. It’s not too late to join us — here’s six events you should check out this week.
Plus, TODAY is our annual Technical.ly Developers Conference with a special rundown of in-depth case studies and virtual networking hubs. Oh, and did we mention it’s entirely free to hop on?
On Thursday, all you HR-oriented folk have the chance to attend our annual Introduced conference. Presentations and panels will focus on bouncing back better than ever after COVID-19 and assessing the state of employee experience. You guessed it; this one’s free too, so you really have no reason to RSVP no.
- Perpay is the name, microlending is the game. Check their open jobs out:
- Drive results at Pinnacle 21 as the Customer Success Manager.
- We promised you a budding list of gigs at Crossbeam, and we are here to deliver:
- Wanna be a part of something global? Linode is seeking:
- Wanna be a part of something big, AKA the largest infrastructure asset manager in the world? Macquarie is hiring:
- Build companies’ innovation strategies at the VC firm Touchdown Ventures:
- As a Data Center Technician, support the A team at Netrality Data Centers.
- Build the blocks of smart technology at STRATIS IoT as a:
- Work in the thick of things as an Application Support Analyst for Susquehanna International Group.
- Steady growth since 1998? Sounds like a good forecast to us. Propel the already well-established Odessa forward as a Senior Business Analyst.
- Take your refined developing skills to the market as a ETL/SQL Developer II for Burlington Stores.
We’ve been wondering if place still matters in our virtual world. Figure that answer out for yourself with these fully-remote opportunities:
- Senior Developer at 8th Light
- Customer DevOps Solutions Architect at Codelitt
- Lead Software Engineer at Go4
We’ll see you… the rest of this week at PTW!
Splinterlands, a blockchain-based gaming company from Philly-area founders, is looking to hire
Cool Job Alert: 1776 needs a director for its Pennovation Center campus
Climbing the engineering ladder at Azavea
This Week in Jobs Philly: Summa, summa, summatime
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia