Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
I got my back against the record machine
In honor of the late, great Eddie Van Halen (RIP, rock legend) and it being election day, hold your mic stand up, do a split in the air and sing the following lyrics to the tune of “Jump:”
Ah, might as well VOTE! (vote)
Might as well VOTE.
Go ahead and VOTE! (vote)
Go ahead and VOTE.
Now put some ice on that muscle you just pulled and hightail it to the polls. Then, peruse the new list of jobs we have for you this week. We will wait.
Video may have killed the radio star, but radio is badder (slang for more gooder) than ever before. Entercom has harnessed audio innovation to bring DVR features to live radio. Now you can pause your fave station, tell your kids to stop messing with the dial and pick up where you left off. Entercom’s Philly presence is hiring up, so click here to learn more.
For the second year, our sister site Generocity is hosting the now-virtual conference dedicated to moving forward ideas, organizations and professionals that drive smarter impact. The event, ADVANCE by Generocity, will take place on Thursday, Nov. 12, starting at 9 a.m., featuring the themes of resilience and recovery. Tickets are free; register here.
We’re merging the regular and remote job postings today because the rock n’ roll has gone to our heads and we’re feeling wild and reckless. Also, working remotely is normal now, right? At what point do things stop “becoming the norm” and are just the norm? Oh boy, we’re in a brain loop. Let’s focus on the jobs:
- Custom software co Promptworks is enthusiastically seeking a *NEW* Software Project Manager. Must be knowledge-hungry and love working directly with clients, among other project manager-y things.
- Oh, looks like Promptworks is also hiring a *NEW* Senior Software Engineer.
- Inspire has taken the job description to the next level and it is glorious. The company seeks a Senior Software Engineer and outlines some year-one deliverables and success metrics. We love to see clear cut expectations, so well done, Inspire.
- Insurance services firm Penn Mutual is on the prowl for a Product Systems Specialist responsible for product-related calculation models that include Excel spreadsheets and VPMS calculation models used to test illustration or administrative systems. Did that make sense to you? Because it, uh, totally did to us …
- Pinnacle 21 is looking for a high-quality professional to be its next Quality Assurance Manager.
- Cloud hosting provider Linode is staffing up two tiny roles … let’s see, something called a Vice President of Engineering and a Director of Engineering. Easy peasy.
- The Institutes is (are?) looking for a Senior Java PL/SQL Developer. That name’s a brain twister.
- Bonfire.com is hiring a Remote Director of Engineering
- Pie Insurance Holdings seeks a Remote Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Sparrow is on the prowl for Remote IOS Developer.
Now you have “Jump” stuck in your head, don’t you? Sing it all the way to the polls. Thanks for joining us this week, friends!
Happy job hunting.