(Photo by Holly Quinn)
Philly Tech Week 2020 presented by Comcast’s first round of our community calendar is live, with six events you won’t want to miss.
Behind the scenes, our many community event organizers have been working rapidly to pivot their events to next month’s all-virtual format — and whew, now the time has come to shine a light on all that hustle.
But choosing which events to attend can be tough when your days are already so full with Teams, Zooms, Meets, and more. So get that calendar up and get ready to save the dates for the following, as described by the organizers:
- Conducted by the Philadelphia Microsoft Technology Center Technical Architects, Architecting End-to-End Blockchain-Powered Solutions (Monday, Sept. 21) is a full-day workshop geared toward business people and technologists to help you ideate over problems that you may want to try to solve today.
- Innovation for Eradicating Global Poverty (Monday, Sept. 21) is an immersive journey through CARE’s innovation portfolio for eradicating global poverty. CARE is an international nonprofit which last year worked in 93 countries, reaching 63 million people through 950 programs.
- The third annual HUE Tech Summit (Tuesday, Sept. 22 through Thursday, Sept. 24) is the first tech summit designed to educate, elevate and empower women of color technologists and entrepreneurs in the Delaware Valley and beyond. Our diverse panel of experts represents experienced women in tech from across the nation and is hosted by Philadelphia’s own Stephanie Humphrey.
- @CypherCity Virtual Global Livestreaming Music Tech Conference (Wednesday, Sept. 23) is where music and technology collide. Join us for a few hours of absolute musical talent of the top lyricists and singers. A virtual experience includes panels of discussion with music and tech execs, listening sessions of top recording artists, performance showcase, awards presentation and much more.
- The Tech & Real Estate Showcase (Thursday, Sept. 24) invites real estate and tech companies to join us and meet our guest that will be introducing their technology in different areas of real estate. Learn what others are doing to create the perfect setup for a thriving online business.
- The PACT Capital Conference Lion’s Den Finale (Thursday, Sept. 24) is presented this year in partnership with Philly Tech Week. Watch as three of our 50+ presenting companies are chosen to present to a lineup of investors to pitch for on-the-spot investment deals.
Plus, you won’t want to forget about Technical.ly’s pillar events. We’ve been rolling out deets over the past few weeks, but it never hurts to provide some updates:
- On Wednesday, Sept. 23, Developers Conference attendees will experience a full day of programming with tech talks aligned to three categories: What’s Next, Growth Stage and At Scale. Learn from industry luminaries and visit breakout rooms for virtual conversations with some of the region’s most prominent tech companies.
- Typically held as the final event of the week, 2020’s Signature Event will take place the evening of Thursday, Sept. 24. Enjoy some late-week party and play, while keeping Friday night for friends and family. Stay tuned as more will be revealed in the coming weeks!
- If you thought Introduced|Virtual last May would be hard to beat, just wait for next month’s Introduced by Technical.ly on Friday, Sept. 25. The day will offer a variety of engaging talks framed around Better Workplaces and Equitable Hometowns, punctuated by interactive workshops on topics such as equity in pay, inclusive design and company-led volunteer initiatives.
Connect your business to the Philly Tech Week community.
Growth-stage startups breaking new ground. Industry juggernauts forging the frontiers of the future. These are the companies that choose to be part of Philadelphia’s longest-running technology and innovation festival. Explore sponsorship options and contact us to discuss the best option for your organization’s forward-focused goals.
Get inside access to PTW20 updates and offers.
Never miss an update about speakers, sessions, ticket purchases and more. Plus, subscribing to the Philly Tech Week newsletter gives you access to exclusive offers. Sign up and never miss a beat.
Thank you to our current sponsors:
- Comcast LIFT Labs
- Pinnacle 21
- Capital One
- Striven ERP Software
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- Neat Company
- American Family Insurance
- Harmelin Media
- Independence Blue Cross
- Morgan Lewis
- Relay Network
- University City Science Center
- Think Company
- University of Pennsylvania
A final look at the PTW20 Community Calendar is here. It’s time to build your schedule
The (nearly) complete oral history of the first 10 years of Philly Tech Week
Philadelphia: These are your 30 Technical.ly Awards nominees for 2020
Skills training means access to tech careers. Amid COVID-19, how are workforce dev programs adapting?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia