Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Here’s the pitch
And it’s swing and a miss, as tonight’s Yankees-Phillies game has been postponed following a number of Florida Marlins players and staff testing positive for coronavirus.
Still, the brief return of baseball over the weekend provided some with a (temporary) sense of relief and normalcy, and even if it didn’t, at least we got some good Phanatic shenanigans out of it.
Despite this Major League Bummer, other teams and sports are pushing forward, and Doug Pederson says he feels “extremely safe” as the Eagles training camps are set to start soon.
We’ll have to wait to see how these plans play out, but you don’t have to wait to get in the game — check out the job posts below and swing for the fences.
Amplify Philly @ Home, a series of virtual conversations, music and activities, is kicking off tomorrow (Wednesday, July 29) at 1 p.m. See the whole event schedule here, and be sure to check out the fireside chat at 2:36 p.m. with Technically Media CEO Chris Wink and SEER CEO Wil Reynolds on “How to talk about fear at work.”
Last week, Technical.ly Baltimore’s Donte Kirby joined a few esports industry leaders for the headiest game of Rocket League ever played. The group discussed race, gender and other issues of access and equity, all while piloting jet-powered cars and scoring goals with giant exploding balls. Who says social justice has to be serious all the time?
The latest episode of The TWIJ Show dives into how to make the workplace more welcoming for parents. Listen in on the convo with professionals from Black Girl Ventures, cloudtamer and Deacom (see job posts below), and look out for special appearances by our panelists’ kids.
And if the job search isn’t enough “putting yourself out there” for you, check out this article on how Philadelphians are approaching dating in the era of COVID-19. How much more complicated could it be than normal? :sweat_smile:
- Clinical trial software company Pinnacle 21 is looking for a Product Designer.
- Power Home Remodeling has a newly renovated culture page on Technical.ly, and a number of open jobs including Ruby-on-Rails Developer and Associate UX Engineer.
- If you’re a sales professional who likes to work outside the mainstream, clean energy service Inspire has a pair of opportunities in Alternate Channels: Director and Sr. Associate.
- The ERP software mavens at Deacom would like you to join their ranks in one of the following roles:
- Beep boop, FORT Robotics is conducting a search for a Sales Development Representative.
- Assist the impact investing field as a Product Manager – Technology Officer at Andorra.
- Crossbeam has two openings, one for a Business Operations Analyst and one for a Full Stack Engineer.
- Engine Room seeks an Application Developer.
Just upgraded your athleisure collection? These jobs are remote:
- Baltimore-based software consultancy SmartLogic needs a Ruby on Rails Developer.
- Thoughtworks thought you might work as its new Remote Senior Application Developer.
- SemanticBits has a post for a Remote Backend Software Engineer.
That’s it for this week. Until next time, maybe try practicing for job interviews with cardboard cutouts.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Please Do Not Touch Museum
How Power Home Remodeling is using tech to revamp its industry
Center City’s HealthVerity has acquired cloud-based drug rebate platform Curisium
This Week in Jobs: The dog days of summer job hunting
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia