Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Innovate or Get Off the Pot
If you’ve ever tinkled, sorry, tinkered with the mechanics behind takin’ a number two on the moon, your very specific dream may have just come true.
NASA’s Artemis program put a trip to the stars on the books for 2024 and will award $35,000 to the top three teams that design a toilet that works in both lunar gravity and microgravity. We won’t labor over the specifics of the “Lunar Loo” Challenge, as they don’t really go with breakfast, but we will say that this is one opportunity you won’t want to flush down the drain.
Give ‘em an A+. Two Penn students just launched a new job site for those who are unemployed due to COVID-19. The platform, I Lost My Job to Coronavirus, goes the extra mile to not just help job seekers find jobs, but to notify both the job seeker and the company when a resume matches a job description. Kids these days … actually seem pretty great.
Finally, some news about millennials (just kidding, haha — oh boy, that was a good one). But seriously, the virtual 2020 Millennial Summit for young professionals in Delaware, themed “20/20 Vision,” (see what they did there?!) is comin’ round the mountain this Aug. 3 through 5. There will be panels, there will be speakers, there will be networking opportunities and other live content. Not to mention, we’ll be there — catch 10% off with our code TECHNICALLY20. Register for the event here or read on for more deets.
- PromptWorks was custom-built by a small group of engineers who now build, guess what, custom software:
- Work hard and play giant Jenga harder at Deacom, where the team is crushing the ERP software game.
- Become a Master of the Cloud at Linode. You won’t get a certificate or anything, we just made that title up. But these jobs are real:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is hiring for two roles. But don’t embellish your resume — these people fact-check like it’s their job.
- Engine Room seems to need someone to manage its projects because it has an opening for a Project Manager. We’re tired, give us a break.
- Meanwhile, Orion Advisor Technology is on the lookout for a Product Marketing Manager.
For those who can’t commit to one location — or romantic partner, but that’s for a different newsletter — here are some remote options:
- Tiltify seeks a Remote Senior Elixir Developer.
- Skylight is on the prowl for a Remote Software Engineer.
- Olo is hiring a Remote Software Engineer.
Thanks for joining us, friends! Don’t forget to send in the blueprints for your space john!
Happy job hunting.
Looking for a new job in the social impact sector? Catch PTW20 Virtual’s INTER/VIEW on July 22
This Week in Jobs: Waking up your dream jobs
5 ways to incorporate racial equity into your hiring practices
On the Market: 30+ dev and tech-adjacent roles at Urban Technology Project, NeuroFlow and more
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia