Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Hit the bricks, kid
Due to pandemic levels of stir craziness that even technology can’t solve (gasp!), people are takin’ to the streets to create some seriously impressive sidewalk chalk art.
You remember sidewalks, right? They’re all those cement squares lining the roads we walk on while looking down at our phones.
Well, if these masterpieces don’t inspire you to pop on a mask, pick up some unicorn-shaped chalk and color-code the squares in front of your abode, then … well, then you can choose another hobby. We just want you to be happy.
Speaking of which, take a looksie at the new jobs we’ve got for you this week. Hopefully one of them makes you as happy as this girl livin’ it up with some sidewalk princesses.
“The Facebook,” as all parents once called it, is opening up its hiring practices to include permanent remote employees. Yous guys know what that means. Wait, do you? We’ll just tell you. Facebook is coming for Philadelphia. Remotely. Full transparency, we thought this article said coming “to” Philly but we had just breathed in too much chalk dust. Anyways, read it for ya’selves for the full scoop.
Esports have landed in the previously epsortsless state of Delaware (minus a team at University of Delaware that you can’t join unless you go to UD — oh to be young!). Check out how startup Futures First Gaming plans to change all that through competitive gaming with education and career building. And if you like what you see, consider reaching out to the founders about what kinds of opportunities they may have.
And for any self-employed or gig workers who need it, take a look at this informative roundup of the most FAQs about PA’s Pandemic Unemployment Assistance.
Read closely this week, pals. There’s a colorful mix of roles from entry level to leadership.
- One of the world’s first and largest cloud hosting providers, Linode, is hiring a satisfyingly alliterative trio of jobs in security, software and customer success:
- Putting out fresh, tech-first approaches to insurance services since 1847, Penn Mutual is looking to ramp up its team with a few fresh roles:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer — we’ll assume no description is necessary for this legendary daily newspaper (oh, well, that kinda described it) — is hiring for the following:
- Power Home Remodeling is changing the exterior home reno game as you know it — and it could use some of that sales and tech prowess you have in spades:
- ERP software company Deacom is hiring for the roles of:
And a few more engineering roles just for good measure:
- Crossbeam is hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Remote, US)
- Thayer Distribution seeks a Full Stack Application Developer
- Universal Music Group is looking for a Front End Developer
- Ring is on the hunt for a Software Engineer
And of course, a few for the engineers who actually thrive (i.e., are not distracted by the television) when working from home:
- Inversion Limited is hiring a Remote Senior .Net Developer
- Scalable Path seeks a Remote .NET Core Backend Developer
- Osmosis is on the prowl for a Remote Software Engineer
Thanks again for the pleasure of your company this week. As always, you can visit our job board in its entirety here.
Happy job hunting, friends.
Looking for a new job in the social impact sector? Catch PTW20 Virtual’s INTER/VIEW on July 22
This Week in Jobs: Waking up your dream jobs
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
5 ways to incorporate racial equity into your hiring practices
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia