Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
TikTok and ya don’t stop
Remember when “insanity” was just the name of an impossible workout program that you’d never actually witnessed anyone finish?
Well, did you know you can now get the same quality of perpetual stress for free, without ever getting off your couch? It’s called quarantine. And it, too, feels insane.
Here’s how it works. Instead of getting six pack abs, you’ll tackle intense *mental challenges like avoiding the fridge, hiding from your kids and resisting the urge to post TikTok videos that will forever dampen your credibility as a professional — and a dancer.
*Now, we understand the importance of this quarantine as well as the mental health challenges it can pose. We don’t take it lightly. But we also can’t ignore the surge of really embarrassing TikTok videos filling up our social feeds. People need to understand the repercussions of their social media choices during this difficult time. They must be held accountable.
Twist! HealthVerity, a healthcare data company in Center City, isn’t laying anyone off — it’s actually hiring-up even faster. As the company stated, the pandemic has “increased demand for real-time data and technologies that capture the impact of COVID-19 on patient utilization of the healthcare industry at large.” HealthVerity has 20 roles ripe for the taking, so visit its job board and get ‘ta applyin’.
Just like Titanic’s Jack needed Rose to make room for him on the float, we need you to help us with our April reporting. This month’s theme is Healthcare Technologies Month, and we are looking to you for story ideas, organizations we should look into, reports we should read, or experts we should talk to. To give us your best shot, reach out here.
Demand is hotter than ever for the delivery biz, and goPuff is feeling the burn. The company is seeking “thousands” of new drivers, technologists and field employees across the U.S., including Philly, so if you’re in need of work to tide you over during the pandemic, check out all of the roles here.
Data, and UX, and sales and marketing, oh my!
- Sydney-headquartered global financial services firm Macquarie is counting on finding a:
- Data Integration Engineer — Java (Did you see what we did there? Counting on … data. OMG we’ve been inside too long.)
- Adtech startup Vistar Media seeks some smarties:
- Making innovative technology for the home renovation industry, Power Home Remodeling is looking for the right fit for these roles:
- Cloud hosting provider Linode is securing the perimeter:
- Ship-themed investment services firm Vanguard is on the lookout for:
- Promptworks, the custom software company, is looking for one big kahuna:
Digging this ‘work-from-home’ thing? Go remote full-time:
- Repay is hiring a Remote ACH Full-Stack Developer.
- Libera is seeking a Remote Associate Software Engineering Manager.
- TopDevz is looking for a Remote Senior Software Developer Engineer.
Well, it’s back to the couch for now. At least you have plenty of jobs to look into from your cushiony throne. And remember, we’re all living in this weird new reality together. Any feelings or candy binges you might have are normal — in fact, we’re having both right now.
Happy job hunting, friends. See you next week.
This Week In Jobs: Chalk about opportunity
This Week in Jobs: Puppies, Pittsburgh and a plethora of prime positions
This Week in Jobs: Gigs that’ll make mom proud
Your company’s crisis response will affect post-COVID employee retention
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia