Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Square peg, round hole
In a crisis, you often learn what is truly important to you. For us, that no longer includes learning how to correctly fold a fitted sheet.
So, farewell how-to videos and sayonara to calling mom for help. This year we free ourselves from the soul-defeating task of making a perfect square from a messy, round rectangular thingy.
There are far more important things to do with our time. Like binging “Tiger King” on Netflix (you knew we were going to bring it up).
To the news!
Last Tuesday, Technical.ly hosted a webinar for growth-stage companies looking to weather the hiring storm throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. CEO Chris Wink talked with local HR pros about everything from managing talent acquisition operations, to transitioning to remote work, to self-care. Then, because we love you even more than Madonna loves rose petals in her “equal” bathtub, we put it all together in a tidy little wrap-up and topped it with a bow. Full audio of the webinar included in the link.
LEON, the Philly-founded employee wellness app, is giving healthcare workers fighting the coronavirus at NYC’s Mount Sinai Hospital 90 free days of access to its fitness services. But before you thought you were off the hook from lacing up those sneaks, there’s something in it for you job seekers too. Guess what it is! Nope, guess again. Nope, guess again. Nope — OK fine, it’s jobs.
Time to check in with the bots. This one made in Delaware by TRIC Robotics (based in Newark), is treating strawberry crops with UVC light instead of pesticides. It’s one small step for agtech, one giant leap for jam.
- Perpay — the fintech startup that hosts cage match chef battles in its spare time is hiring for the following:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer — the iconic news source with a cool 23 Pulitzer Prizes to its name seeks:
- Pinnacle 21 — the industry-leading clinical data standardization platform with a life-sized chess board in its front yard is on the hunt for:
- URBN — the parent to its boho-chic babies, like Anthropologie & Co. and Free People is looking for:
- Penn Mutual — the award-winning insurance services firm featuring tons of snacks and an on-site gym (to counteract all the snacks) — is looking for:
- Packet Fabric is looking for a Remote Software Engineering Lead
- Rekordio seeks a Hardcore Remote React Native NodeJs Application Developer
Well, this is where we leave you … to go listen to Joe Exotic’s best hits (which aren’t even his). Oh world, what is this wild ride you are taking us on?
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week In Jobs: Chalk about opportunity
This Week in Jobs: Puppies, Pittsburgh and a plethora of prime positions
This Week in Jobs: Gigs that’ll make mom proud
Your company’s crisis response will affect post-COVID employee retention
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia