Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Warm up your shakers (aka, hands)
So, you may have noticed us mention NET/WORK PHILLY 2020 a time or two over the last couple months — oh, wow. Holy moly, it was seven. Seven times.
Let’s start again.
So, you may have noticed us adorably obsess over the upcoming NET/WORK PHILLY 2020 seven times already, but today’s mention is special. For one thing, today IS NET/WORK PHILLY 2020 (3 to 8 p.m. at The Fillmore)! And second, it’s the last time you’ll hear us mention it again until 2021. Probably. Maybe. We do love a recap.
NET/WORK is pretty much our crown jewel of job hunting events, so even if you haven’t signed up yet, wethinks it would behoove you to do so. Register here. And run a comb through your hair, for heaven’s sake. The headshots are free.
Break out your Lisa Frank trapper keepers, kiddos, because University of Delaware’s Lerner College of Business and Economics has an MBA program that might make you excited to write papers again. Hahah, JK. Only nerds love to write every day (oh, whoops, got ourselves good on that one). Anywho. What Lerner does offer is the opportunity to tailor your studies around your interests and schedule, taught by teachers who’ve been there, done that (i.e., worked in the industry before teaching). Take that biz career to the next level — check it out here.
Tracy Chadwell of 1843 Capital has a very particular set of skills. Skills she has acquired over a very long career. She will look for you. She will find you. And she will teach you to master the “skill set of the ask.” Sorry, always excited to quote “Taken.” Just terrific stuff. While Chadwell is probably too busy to hunt you down, you can find her tips for making an ask — whether it’s for investment, a raise or a job opportunity — on our latest and final episode of our investor education podcast “Off the Sidelines” (produced by us at Technical.ly in partnership with Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS).
And hey, for those eager to get into venture capital investments: First, obviously, scoop our podcast, but second, check out this list of five gigs open at Touchdown Ventures in Haddonfield, NJ.
Little insider tip for you all: In honor of this day of networking, many of our participating NET/WORK companies have posted jobs aplenty on our job board. So even if you don’t find something in the list below, be sure to take a look at the full — and ever-updating — list.
- No word yet on whether or not it’s offering a senior discount, but Vanguard, NET/WORK’s radiant Presenting Sponsor, is hiring up a senior level crew.
- Power Home Remodeling, a full-service exterior home remodeler that is “reinventing the home remodeling industry,” is seeking the following roles for its fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Guru knows what you don’t know your company knows. Huh? The maker of the platform that helps clients tap into their company’s collective knowledge is looking to tap into your knowledge for the following jobs.
- The custom software developers at PromptWorks are on the prowl for a set of stellar project managers.
- Chatham Financial is on the hunt for a Junior Full Stack Software Developer.
- gettacar is looking for a Creative Director to join its marketing team. No mention if you gettacar, so please let us know because we’d enjoy that very much. K thanks!
- Relay Network is on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer Full Stack.
- Aeris Insight, Inc — a rating and information service in the impact investing field — seeks a Technical Project Manager.
- HealthVerity is hiring a Software Engineer — Python.
And don’t crawl outta bed yet, because these companies are looking for remote workers:
- Libera is hiring a Remote Software Engineer
- SignalWire has its ear to the ground for a Remote Telecom API Developer
- Avocado Green Brands is looking for a nothing short of an Exceptional UX/UI Designer.
Will we cry if you don’t make it to NET/WORK today? It’s possible; we get very emotional at job-related events, as that is our reason for existence. But don’t do it for us, do it for you! Even if you’re only passively looking for a new career, networking is at least half the effort. Get to know the people and places you want to work with and for around Philly. Shake some hands, eat some snacks, rock a tux … do what feels right.
See you there!
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
Looking for a new job in the social impact sector? Catch PTW20 Virtual’s INTER/VIEW on July 22
This Week in Jobs: Waking up your dream jobs
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
5 ways to incorporate racial equity into your hiring practices
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia