Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Can I bayou a drink?
Next Tuesday may be Mardi Gras, but if you can’t make it to New Orleans, fret not — there will be a different type of festival in town that evening. On Feb. 25 at The Fillmore from 3 to 9 p.m., NET/WORK returns for another year of celebrating the Philly tech scene and serving up the region’s hottest jobs.
With dozens of companies and hundreds of technologists in attendance, it’s guaranteed to be a parade of opportunities, with the chance to mingle and mix in the delicious gumbo that is Philly’s tech community (or is it more like a jambalaya? Either way, I might need to take an early lunch today).
So add a little spice to your resume, take off that mummer’s mask before you get your (free!) headshot taken and stick around for the happy hour to sip some celebratory bourbon. Just make sure you get your tickets soon!
Before you step foot inside NET/WORK, brush up on these tips for getting hired from HR professional Amy Jacobs. Jacobs has decades of experience in the field (and also happens to be Technical.ly Philly reporter Paige Gross’ mom), so you know she won’t steer you wrong.
Or perhaps you’ll find inspiration in the story of Kamysha Martin, the Wilmington-based jeweler who left her role at IBM to pursue her passion. “I had to redefine what success looks like to me,” she says, and she’s living proof that it’s never too late to forge a unique path.
Lastly, we’re approaching the end of the pilot season of “Off the Sidelines” — an investor education podcast produced by us at Technical.ly in partnership with Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS — and the penultimate episode serves up a double helping of advice with two interviews for the price of one. Actually, it’s free no matter how many guests are on, but that doesn’t mean this isn’t still a great value. Check out the episode to hear Linnea Roberts and Ita Ekpoudom of GingerBread Capital discuss their support of female investors and founders (and how you can get involved).
Curious about the tech scene at the other end of I-76? Technical.ly is seeking reporters for a yearlong series of articles focused on tech and economic development in Pittsburgh. If you’d rather read than write, keep an eye out for those stories starting in March 2020.
- Vistar Media has four engineer openings — take a look and see which is the best fit for you.
- Head in the cloud? Linode is looking for a Cloud Account Executive, as well as a Systems Engineer and Partner Development Manager.
- Australian finance company Macquarie has a handful of local, data-centric job postings, including Data Integration Engineer — Java, Data Modeler and Global Data Technology Senior Manager.
- Fintech startup Perpay has a variety of roles across multiple areas: Relationship Marketer, Frontend Engineer, Accounting Manager, UX Designer and more.
- Don’t let this job startle you — YIKES is seeking a WordPress Developer.
- Geospatial data platform Cesium needs a 3D Software Developer, among other openings.
Code better in pajamas? These jobs are remote:
- TrailerCentral is searching for a Senior PHP Dev / Scrum Master.
- ThreatConnect seeks a Remote DevOps Engineer.
- Unanet wants to find a Remote Senior Mobile Product Manager.
We’ll see you there, and happy job hunting!-30-
Looking for a new job in the social impact sector? Catch PTW20 Virtual’s INTER/VIEW on July 22
This Week in Jobs: Waking up your dream jobs
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
5 ways to incorporate racial equity into your hiring practices
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia