Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“In the end, the greatest snowball isn’t a snowball at all. It’s fear.”
— Dwight K. Shrute, “The Office”
Let it snow?
Have you ever noticed how menacing snowmen actually look? Those fixed, beady eyes and crooked, strained smiles …
All our lives we’ve been brainwashed into thinking they’re our friends, but if you dig deeper, you’ll see how far back the trail of hypocrisy goes.
For instance, we’re taught that if you are bad, you get coal in your stocking. And yet, Frosty the Snowman was a “jolly, happy soul,” with “two eyes made of coal.” COAL.
What’s that about? How deep does this conspiracy go? And why?
On the other hand, maybe we should lay off the mulled wine and spiked eggnog for a few days …
Anyways, here’s this week’s jobs.
Episode one of “Off the Sidelines,” a podcast about early-stage investing hosted by a couple’a us kooks here at Technical.ly, is out and about and ready to tickle your ear holes. If you’re even a little curious about diving into the investment world, take a listen because we talk to some pretty smart people who know a thing or 10 about gettin’ those returns.
Got an idea/product/company all ready to go, but all you’re missing is the office space? The “comprehensive 2020 guide to Philadelphia’s coworking spaces” includes a variety of spaces available to professionals across the state, based on what they’re looking for: hot desks, private offices, lab space, and possibly most importantly for you freelancers — the company of other humans! #friendship
BUT WAIT, IT GETS BETTER! There’s one for Delaware, too.
Come on and cozy up to one of these fine opportunities.
- Custom software company Promptworks is on the prowl for a Senior UX Designer who can raise the level of excellence in product design. So, figure out where excellence is, then maybe raise it above your head like a weightlifter. You’ll figure it out.
- Guru Technologies is looking for a Lead Product Designer who can envision and create the next generation of tools used by Customer Success teams for some pretty swanky brands. (Did someone say Glossier? We did. We literally just did.)
- Bluecadet has its eyes out for a hands-on Creative Director.
- Vistar Media is on the lookout for a QA Engineer with two years of relevant experience. This place has a “large entertainment budget for happy hours” and lots of snacks. Do what you will with that info.
- Underdog.io seeks a Backend Engineer.
- Chariot Solutions has an opening for Senior Java/AWS Developers (that’s right, plural) who are super into shipping software and seeing real results. If you like fake results, this is not the job for you.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, yup just this region’s most iconic news source, NBD, is on the hunt for a Digital Account Executive.
- Penn Mutual is looking for a finance-minded technologist to build and maintain relationships with leaders and key stakeholders as its new Product Owner/Business Transformation Specialist. No suit required!
- Academic Analytics is hiring a Remote Jr Software Developer.
- Royal Bank of Scotland is on the lookout for a Remote Infrastructure Engineer Software Defined Network.
- HelpOn Inc. seeks a Remote Embedded Linux Software Developer.
Keep those eyes open this winter season, folks. Stay alert in the presence of snowmen — or should it be snowpeople at this point? — and keep your gloves on. Lest we forget this terrifying scene from “The Office.
Happy job hunting, friends. See you next week.-30-
Power Moves: Philly’s Department of Commerce lost its tech bizdev director to Bloomberg
HR tech company Phenom People announces $30M Series C
This Week in Jobs: The rich musk of success
When it comes to diversity, Vanguard puts its money where its mouth is
How the founders of Dash, a 5-person cloud-focused startup, think about hiring
HealthVerity tripled its Center City office space and has big hiring plans for 2020
5 startup founders on when they knew it was time to make their first hires
What you can learn about career mobility from a global architect at Macquarie
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia