(Illustration by Sean Dooley)
At the Philly Tech Week 2020 Launch Event on Tuesday night, over 200 Philadelphians gathered at Quorum at the University City Science Center to learn how to get involved in the 10th annual celebration of tech and innovation.
If you weren’t able to make it, check out the event recap below and six roles you can play in Philly Tech Week 2020 presented by Comcast.
Here’s what you missed at the event:
The PTW20 theme was announced — Innovation BEEN here. We’ll be telling the stories of lesser-known moments of convening new ideas in Philadelphia and recognizing the founding mothers and fathers of innovation. Learn more here.
Dates and confirmed details were shared for Philly Tech Week events produced by Technical.ly. You can register for them here.
- PTW20 Kickoff Festival at First Friday in Old City will take place on Friday, May 1, 2020. This is our second annual call to support local arts!
- Technical.ly Developers Conference is scheduled for Tuesday, May 5, 2020. We are currently seeking a venue for this event.
- Introduced by Technical.ly returns on Thursday, May 7, 2020 at Convene CityView. The first round of speakers are locked and more details will be coming soon.
- PTW20 Signature Event will take place at Cira Green on Friday, May 8, 2020. Get your wearable tech, cosplay and dancing shoes out because this event will Philly’s Nerd Met Gala.
New Philly Tech Week tracks were presented: software, startup, arts, gaming, impact, professional development and medtech. Special thanks to our friends at Chariot Solutions, Philly Startup Leaders, REC Philly, Nerd Street Gamers, PhillyCAM, The ITEM and Arcweb for sharing a few words about why these tracks are important.
We reviewed community calendar updates. Event organizers are now able to take advantage of Philly Tech Week event types and hubs. Learn about these updates in event organizer guide and indicate interest in the event application form.
Here’s how you can get involved in the week:
1. Become a sponsor. Contact our sales team for carefully crafted packages carrying goodies such as conference tickets, speaking roles, tabling opportunities at premiere events and more. This year’s offerings are available now for you to shop through.
3. Show off your event space by becoming PTW20 hub. If you are interested inviting the community into your space to host Philly Tech Week 2020 event programming, reach out to the events team to get more information about becoming a hub.
4. Share your expertise by speaking at an event. Fill out the speaker interest form to lock your expertise into our network. We’ll be seeking speakers for the Developers Conference and Introduced by Technical.ly 2020.
5. Demo a new product or service. Get in-person feedback and see how members of the community interact with your work in real time. Fill out our demo interest form to be considered for ongoing opportunities.
6. Offer a helping hand by volunteering. From registration to production, there are several areas that can use a helping hand. Submit the volunteer interest form to learn about upcoming opportunities.
Last — and arguably most important — you can show up for your community during the big week. With 100 options for programming, there’s a plethora of opportunities to network, give back, and learn something that might just change your life.
PACT report: Philadelphia ranked 7th in US for venture capital raises in 2019
You can get your sweat on with Philly entrepreneurs this week
Meet 10 legendary innovators from our city’s past for the 10th annual Philly Tech Week
These 30+ startups are getting free space and support via CIC’s 36for75 program
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia