Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Make it black, like my heart
Over the ages, we’ve celebrated many breakthroughs in human civilization. The wheel. Putting a person on the moon. Instagram filters that make you look like a puppy.
But, move over, electricity! The literal and creative juices at Starbucks have been flowing and there’s a new life-changing invention in town: the Phantom Frappuccino.
Only available in Europe from Oct. 26 to Oct. 31, this ghoulish black slime is more than just a tummy ache in the making. It’s also vegan.
Thank goodness for Starbucks’ commitment to innovation. And here we all were, like chumps, thinking those little computers in our hands were so cool. What fools we’ve been!
As a side note — we hear our readers when you say you want to see more non-engineering roles within the tech industry. So we’re very proud to showcase a wide collection of jobs this week that cater to pros in all departments. We hope this is helpful.
Linode — largest independent open cloud provider in the world — gave us a little insight into how it helped modernize cloud computing. Now we’re giving you a little insight into how to hop on board at this innovative company: click here (and then click the “Jobs” tab).
The farms of Delaware are alive with the buzz of technology. Agtech is growing and farmers just can’t get enough. Read more to check out all of the apps they rely on out in the fields and how most don’t mind farm visits from entrepreneurs with shiny new ideas … hint, hint.
- Odessa — an ERP solution for the niche industry of equipment leasing — is on the hunt for a Business Architect with experience in software delivery and the leasing industry. Decision makers wanted!
- Burlington (yep, same one that used to have Coat Factory in the name) offers opportunities for tech pros to shape a rapidly evolving retail-industry. Oh yes, and it’s hiring!
- Penn Mutual has been bringing fresh, tech-first approaches to insurance services since 1847, and it’s looking for, not just one, but two Product Owners and a Product Systems Specialist.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is also looking for some juicy non-engineering roles, including:
- Okay, so this one IS for an engineer, but data roles are quite in demand right now, so we’re including. Forgive us. IntegriChain — a company where employees are fans of standing and getting meds into patients’ hands as quickly as possible (quite the combo) — is looking for a Data Engineer.
- Springboard — an edtech company that is working to close the literacy gap for children — is hiring a Collaborative Systems Administrator.
- Tech Elevator is on the prowl for both a Coding Bootcamp Instructor and a Campus Director.
- Yours truly, Technical.ly is looking for an Editorial Intern, Spring to contribute to the news team by reporting and writing articles. P.S., comes with stipend.
- Global clinical trial payment solutions company, Greenphire, is on the lookout for a Technical Business Analyst.
Well, friends, that’s it for this week. We wish you luck in your job hunt, but remember, you’re never alone. Our job board is available to you 24/7 — as are we!
Well, scratch the second half of that because we do sleep. Unless we’ve had a frappuccino. Can you say sugar high? Whoa baby.
But you get the point. We’re here for ya.
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
5 big ideas about the future of hiring and workforce development
This Week in Jobs: It’s cold, but at least Tom Brady is still sad about LII
This talent toolkit shares best practices for hiring, reskilling and retention
How ShopRunner’s mentorship program is pushing its employees to think beyond their fields
On the Market: Here’s what a ‘chief of staff’ would do at a geospatial startup
5 ways a CEO can help build a sustainable company culture: Guru’s Rick Nucci
This Week in Jobs: Apply the Aniston Effect to your job hunt
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia