Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Some weeks you’re feeling great, rockin’ and rollin’ at work, getting it done, making things happen.
Other weeks, you need an extra dosage of the world’s purest medicine: dog videos. If this is one of those weeks, may we recommend this compelling compilation? It’s extra good if you love the majestic musicality of EDM at 8 a.m.
Now that you’ve had a giggle, let’s get that job hunt movin’ and shakin’, shall we?
“Shark Tank” alum Ryan Frankel is done with NYC and Miami living, and to prove it, he’s settled down in Philly and brought his new distracted driving-fighting startup, This App Saves Lives with him. The app — which will be released on Nov. 4 — aims to reduce collisions and the 3,600 deaths that happen each year from distracted driving. Be sure to keep your eyes on Frankel’s new startup as it launches, and your ears to the ground for upcoming job opportunities to join him in saving lives.
At the October event for the panel series “Conversations with Women Making a Difference in Delaware,” Doneen Keemer Damon had some inspiring advice for women in the Delaware/Philadelphia region: Stop asking for permission. To learn more about the series, its diverse panel of women and how you can harness your business confidence, read on, ladies. Then, apply for that job you know you deserve. Maybe there’s one below.
- The civtech firm that specializes in advanced geospatial technology, Azavea, is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer.
- Guru is on the lookout for a Software Engineer, Back End. Wow ‘em with your understanding the gig by walking into the interview backwards. Har, har!
- Calling all Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineers, however many of you there are, Macquarie is looking to get your John Hancock on a new W9.
- Cadent is on the prowl for a Front-End Tech Lead.
Managers of people and clients:
- Inspire is hiring a Manager of People Operations. Not like how you digitally operate robots, or manually operate your GI Joes to simulate a super realistic battle scene, but like, you know, HR-wise.
- Cloud computing pioneer Linode seeks a Partner Development Manager to, naturally, manage partner development. Was that helpful?
Managers of products and projects:
- InstaMed is looking for a Sales Analyst.
Because wearing pants is overrated. Also, you can hang with your dog WHILE you work. Win-win.
- Designlab is hiring a Remote Senior Full-Stack Developer.
- Integrated Rental is on the hunt for a Remote Junior Developer.
- CompanyCam is looking for a Remote Full-Stack Software Engineer.
Well, friends, thanks for stopping by this week. If the gloomies get you down at any point, remember that YouTube is a cornucopia of dog and cat videos just waiting to lift your spirits.
And, as always, feel free to visit our jobs board 24/7 if you can’t wait until next Tuesday! But then also come back to us next Tuesday. Because we like you.
Happy job hunting!-30-
5 big ideas about the future of hiring and workforce development
This Week in Jobs: It’s cold, but at least Tom Brady is still sad about LII
This talent toolkit shares best practices for hiring, reskilling and retention
How ShopRunner’s mentorship program is pushing its employees to think beyond their fields
This Week in Jobs: Special Non-Engineering Role Edition
On the Market: Here’s what a ‘chief of staff’ would do at a geospatial startup
5 ways a CEO can help build a sustainable company culture: Guru’s Rick Nucci
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia