Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A hearty thank you to our newsletter subscribers who took our survey last week. And also, to everyone who didn’t. We love all of our readers equally, unlike in some families where there’s a definite favorite child (right mom? It’s OK, I know. I’ve always known).
As promised, we are doling out 5,000 pennies to the survey taker with the best answer to why they should win a $50 giftcard and what they’d spend it on.
It was no easy feat to pick a winner, as answers ranged from the witty (“It’s after Labor Day and all I have are white pants”) to the selfless (“I don’t need the gift card. I just like filling out surveys”) and then to the cold, hard, honest truth (“tbh, I shouldn’t”). Powerful stuff.
Alas, we did it. We are excited to reveal that the winner of the $50 buckaroos is … bum ba da da dum: Kristin MacLaughlin!!
MacLaughlin told us, “I just started a new position at a company that I was introduced to at a Technical.ly event. I would buy doughnuts for my department.”
To us at TWIJ, there’s no better success story than helping our readers land a job at one of the many incredible companies across our tech scene. Because in the end, that’s what it’s all about.
And doughnuts. It’s also all about doughnuts.
James Kent — possibly related to Clark Kent but you’d never know since Superman got all of the attention — talked up Chariot Solution’s paid family leave benefits. In the software consultant developer’s interview with Technical.ly, Kent shares what other perks the tech consultancy has in place to allow professionals to grow and live balanced lives. Oh, and it’s hiring.
Hey Delawareans, it’s not Christmas yet, but here’s a big, juicy present for you. Technical.ly’s On the Market column just posted a list of the five standout jobs at five top tech companies in the state. Giddy up.
The whole shebang:
- Hold onto your hats, job seekers: Fintech company Perpay is hiring too many exciting roles across departments and levels of experience to list in one tiny, adorable bullet point, so visit its jobs board to peruse the list (hint, click the “Jobs” tab).
- Odessa — and its advanced ERP solution, LeaseWave — is hiring a Project Manager AND a Sr. Project Manager.
- Penn Mutual is on the lookout for a Product Owner/Business Transformation Specialist.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking for a highly imaginative and collaborative Product Designer to join its team.
- Callowhill-based civtech company Azavea is looking for a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience design firm Think Company is on the prowl for an experienced .NET Development Contractor.
- Philly law firm Morgan Lewis is looking for a Jr-Mid Level App Developer — Prototype Developer who will be responsible for — you guessed it, champ — developing prototype applications.
- Greenlane Search Marketing in Eagleville, PA, has got its eyes on hiring an SEO Account Manager.
- Hey there sports fans, the Phillies are hiring a Technology Services Organizational Intern with one to three years of experience in IT or computer science.
- Critical Mass is looking for a Remote AEM Front End Developer.
- Eagle Creek Software Services is hiring a Remote Senior Salesforce Developer.
- MedCrypt has got its eye on a Remote Software Engineer.
Friendly reminder: We like to share the highlights of the best jobs on the scene each week, but there are often more roles at each company. If you find a company that sparks your interest, be sure to check out its company page (you’ll know it has one if its name is clickable) to learn all about the work it does, its culture and its full list of open roles.
Don’t be afraid to dig in and reach out — these companies want to hear from you!
See you next week, friends. Happy job hunting.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Pony up to the taxman before you scope this list of jobs
Looking for a new job in the social impact sector? Catch PTW20 Virtual’s INTER/VIEW on July 22
This Week in Jobs: Waking up your dream jobs
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia