Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“I feel the need. The need for tweed.” — Michael Scott, “The Office”
The overly eager forces of fall fashion have struck again: Old Navy back-to-school commercials have already begun.
Honestly, are we ready for spunky children dancing around in polka dot puffy vests and plaid corduroy bottoms, while we sit in front of the AC, still dripping from the walk to the mailbox?
August is truly an emotional jungle.
Center City’s Guru Technologies is expanding. Built by seasoned entrepreneurs, the AI-driven knowledge sharing tool has taken a deliberate approach to its internal startup culture so that it feels less, well, startup-y. Intrigued? Check out our interview with Guru Engineering Manager Mansi Pathak, and browse open jobs like this one for a Senior Data Scientist.
Cell therapy startup Carisma Therapeutics just raised about $60 million in series A funding — and it’s planning to hire 10 more employees by the end of the year. Which, as Old Navy wants to remind us, is just around the corner. Check out the open jobs here.
And finally, Comcast Labs Connect’s third annual PHLAI conference is back on Aug. 15. The artificial intelligence and machine learning conference will feature practical applications of the latest technologies, hands on workshops and networking. Register here.
Start saying goodbye to your summer hoodies and start thinking about the slightly warmer ones you’ll wear to work for fall.
- Orion Advisor Technology is looking for a creative thinker with 7+ years experience and a deep understanding of SaaS technology and B2B campaign execution to be its Director, Demand Generation.
For the data-centric:
- IntegriChain is on the lookout for a Data Engineer.
- Fulton Bank is searching for a Lead Data Operations Engineer.
Engineers across the tech spectrum:
- Guru Technologies is hiring a Marketing Web Engineer.
- Macquarie is on the hunt for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
- Linode seeks a Network Engineer.
- Penn Mutual is on the prowl for a Software Engineer — Java.
Get that career up and running:
- Tech Solutions Inc. is looking to fill the role of NOC (Network Operations Center) Technician.
- Odessa is looking for a Communications Specialist.
- Inspire is looking for an Event Sales Ambassador.
- Sporttrade Inc is looking for a Mobile Developer.
- BlackRock in Wilmington is hiring an Analyst, Recruiting Coordinator.
And a couple jobs with the ability to work from anywhere:
- [A] is hiring a strong Remote Kentico Developer.
- Grandcentrix is on the lookout for a Remote Software Engineer.
Technical.ly’s Super Meetup event series comes to Cherry Street Pier in Philly next Thursday, Aug. 22. It’s a free gathering of various tech-related meetup groups in the area, and a great opportunity to network and hang out with likeminded technologists. Click this link to RSVP, and we’ll see you there!
Thanks for joining us this week, friends. May your sweaty limbs, heavy from the weight of plastic Target bag sticking to your thighs as you walk across the black hot pavement, find respite in air conditioned spaces and appreciation in the faces of your newly outfitted children (or just yourselves).
See you next week!
Happy job hunting.-30-
Power Moves: John Grady is leaving PIDC for Wexford Science & Technology
This Week in Jobs: Give yourself a round of applause
5 big ideas about the future of hiring and workforce development
How ShopRunner’s mentorship program is pushing its employees to think beyond their fields
This talent toolkit shares best practices for hiring, reskilling and retention
This Week in Jobs: Never too many carbs, never too many jobs
This Week in Jobs: Special Non-Engineering Role Edition
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia