Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s a rare week on the American calendar when we have absolutely no holidays, real or made-up. Though we love a good “National Puppy/Best Friend/Sibling/Wine Day,” sometimes it’s nice to sit back, relax and let our houses fill up with clutter for a week.
Hey, if we’re not hosting, we’re not cleanin’. Join us in domestic laziness, won’t you?
Also good advice: use the free time to check out our latest rundown of hot jobs below. You can still keep your life together even if every one of your flat surfaces collects a touch (or more) of dust.
Great place to work alert: Christiana Care Health System. Forbes recently credited the health system as the top employer in Delaware in its “America’s Best Employer by State” list. Read all about its other awards here, then hop on over to its job page (tip — select IT and Technical Operations from the drop down list) and get in on the action by applying for a job at one of its locations all across Delaware.
Antsy for a new role, but having trouble putting your finger on what it is that you want? Check out this article on “How do you create a job that doesn’t exist?” Whether working at a startup, a larger company, or looking to create a role for yourself at an org you want to be a part of, these tips can help you get the ball rollin’.
Glassdoor just named Rick Nucci, CEO of Philly’s Guru Technologies, to its “Top CEOs” list. Guru, which builds a knowledge sharing tool that harnesses a company’s collective intelligence, raised $25 million in Series B funding at the end of 2018, and you know what that means: jobs.
Since there’s nothing official to celebrate until next month, why not pop a bottle of champy over having time to job hunt?
Just don’t apply until your blood alcohol content is back to normal. They say judgement is the first thing to go when you drink, but honestly, it’s your proofreading skills.
- Azavea is on the search for a DevOps Engineer
- Chariot Solutions is looking for Full-Stack React Developers (plural!)
- Instructure is on the prowl for a Senior Software Engineer
- Deacom seeks a Consulting Services Specialist
- Penn Mutual is on the hunt for a Product Owner/Business Transformation Specialist
- A unique job opportunity can be found at the Curtis Institute of Music, which is looking for an Academic Technology Specialist
- SEMrush seeks a Strategic Partnership Development Manager
- Penn Mutual is also hiring a Head of Product, who can either be in Philly or remote.
- DjangoForce seeks a Remote Senior Developer for MacOS Application
- SOCi is on the search for a Front-end Web Developer
- Dealer Inspire is on the lookout for a React Node.js Developer
Didn’t see your dream job today? You can scour our entire list of tech careers whenever you want right here.
Happy job hunting, friends. See you next week!
5 big ideas about the future of hiring and workforce development
This Week in Jobs: It’s cold, but at least Tom Brady is still sad about LII
This talent toolkit shares best practices for hiring, reskilling and retention
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
This Week in Jobs: Special Non-Engineering Role Edition
On the Market: Here’s what a ‘chief of staff’ would do at a geospatial startup
5 ways a CEO can help build a sustainable company culture: Guru’s Rick Nucci
These hiring companies want to meet you at NET/WORK Suburbs
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia