Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Did you see the finale?
Okay, now that “Game of Thrones” is over, everyone who didn’t watch “Game of Thrones” can finally relax, as they will no longer have to endure being asked if they watch “Game of Thrones.”
In other great news, your weekly list of HBO-quality* tech jobs is below.
*Pssst, that just means really good stuff.
Custom software consultancy PromptWorks is about to take a seat at its new throne located at 123 S. Broad St. The larger office space will accommodate the growth of its team in and outside of software, including new roles in project management, QA and design. The company is actively involved in the effort to diversify the tech applicant pool through community events and meetups, so be a pal and share the news with friends even if they don’t have a tech background. Learn more about the company and its open jobs here.
Old City medtech startup Strados Labs just raked in some serious dough after raising nearly $2 million in early-stage venture capital funds. An honorable mention on the 2019 Technical.ly realLIST, Strados Labs is proving its value and setting itself up to expand, including doubling its five person team by the end of June. That means, get in there, slugger. You can find the jobs here.
Now that you aren’t trapped in a permanent eye roll listening to everyone talk about GoT, you’ll have way more brain bandwidth to dedicate to the job hunt.
- Guru Technologies is on the hunt for a Senior Data Scientist
- Macquarie is hiring a Data Integration Engineer — Java
- IntegriChain seeks a Data Engineer
- PromptWorks is searching for a Director of Product Design
- The Annenberg School for Communication at Penn is looking to hire a Web Designer
- Perpay is on the prowl for a UX Designer
Sales and marketing:
- Guru Technologies is hiring a Product Marketing Manager
- Cohere seeks a Digital Marketing Manager
- Inspire is looking for a Product Manager — Sales Tools
Client and customer success:
- Macquarie is looking for an Investment Operations Technical Lead
- Pinnacle 21 has an opening for a Lead Test Engineer
Jobs you can do from anywhere:
- Contrast Security is on the lookout for a remote Java Agent Instrumentation Developer
- Roger is hiring a remote Software Engineer, API
- Twenty Over Ten is on the prowl for a remote UI/UX Developer
Keep a document handy with all of the standard information you’d need on a job application (previous employer contact info, dates of employment, professional references, etc). Print it out and bring it with you to interviews in case you’re required to fill out a form in-person. That way, you’ll be able to finish it quickly without having to dig for what you need, allowing more time to prepare for the questions.
We hope this newsletter was more satisfying than the GoT finale … which non-watchers didn’t see, so that won’t make sense.
Hmmm … OK, how’s this: We hope you find a desk that feels like a royal throne within the stately walls of a top tech house. Again though, that’s for people who watched the show. Gah!
Okay, we hope you have a great week free of Jon Snow quotes. There it is.
Happy job hunting, folks. And as always, find a job anytime at our master jobs list.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Hiring bonanza edition
This Week in Jobs: Winner winner chicken dinner
NET/WORK is coming back to the Philly ‘burbs on Oct. 10
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
On the Market: Cybersecurity and conscious capitalism are so hot right now
Here’s what the CEO of a 200-person company had to say about growing teams quickly
This Week in Jobs: Don’t labor too hard over this list of great gigs
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia