Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“Happy Cinco De Mayo to everyone who will be calling in sick on Seis de Mayo.”
We assume many of you are still recovering from the weekend, so allow us to calibrate to a more appropriate volume.
This smaller font represents us using our library voices, so please read in a whisper.
Now, go ahead and find a calm, quiet, dark room. Close your eyes for a moment and feel your breath rise and fall. Oops, nope never mind, it still smells like margarita.
Abort! Go back out to your desk where there are too many scents to know which ones are coming from you. Now go ahead and catch up on this week’s job situation.
Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast is in full swing! If you don’t want to miss a beat during the week, check out the scene on Twitter and be sure to use #PTW19 whenever you post about an event! Woo hoo!
Speaking of growth, Roundtrip — the on-demand medical transportation company — just raised $5.1 million in Series A funding. The company plans to double its current staff of 26, so get a head start on the competition and apply here.
Senior technical citizens, here’s your bus pass to some great jobs:
- PromptWorks is on the hunt for a Senior UX Designer
- Vanguard seeks a Lead Front End Developer — CX Journey Lab
- Pinnacle 21 is hiring a Lead Test Engineer
- IndicateMedia is on the prowl for a Senior Account Executive
Here you go engineers:
- KickUp is hiring a Software Engineer
- Guru Technologies wants to bring a new Software Engineer — Back End onto the team
- Vistar Media is looking for a Software Engineer
And for the rest of the crew keepin’ everything running:
- HealthVerity seeks a Sales Development Representative
- Inverse Paradox is seeking a Digital Project Manager
- Tempest seeks a Client Success Agent
- Perpay wants to hire a UX Designer
In case you’re looking for remote jobs, they’re here (or anywhere you can get WiFi):
- If you’re interested in childhood education, check out this Software Engineer position with Teaching Strategies
- Bear Group is looking for a Web Developer with experience in Drupal and Magento
- Vocinity, Inc seeks a Senior React Developer
“Recognize and consider the whole package that a company offers — not just the salary. By understanding the value of perks, benefits and wellness programs, you could be earning so much more than what the dollar and cents say.”
— Kristin Dudley, chief product officer, Technical.ly (note: Kristin will be moderating a panel at PTW’s Introduced by Technical.ly conference this Thursday, May 9! Register here)
We hope you’re enjoying PTW, although possibly not to the same degree you enjoyed that tequila (at the time).
Anywho, thanks for joining us this week. Don’t forget to check out the full list of jobs anytime you want here.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Fresh as a brand new funnel
This Week in Jobs: Tech jobs for non-devs inside!
This Week in Jobs: Engineers and product peeps are hot for fall
Power Home Remodeling is working to reprogram its industry from the inside out — and these devs are here for it
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia