Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“Oh, and remember: Next Friday … is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.”
— Bill Lumbergh, “Office Space”
Do you have any tables outside?
We blinked and suddenly it’s patio season! Dining on a patio is one of those things that’s great in theory but comes with a surprising amount of hidden pitfalls.
For starters, patio tables, which almost universally come in some form of warped cast iron, require pitch perfect placement of no less than five folded napkins before becoming safe for glassware. Ever try to sign a check on one of those babies? Oof.
Then there’s that warm breeze you craved all winter long. Now it’s napkins and sugar packets a-flyin’, hair stuck to your chapstick-coated lips!
And don’t even get us started on the sun. How many times have we all insisted on sitting outside only to realize it’s hotter than expected, and every time the hostess you guilted for the table swings by you’re forced to pretend you’re happy with your choices?
Hmm. This took an accidentally dark turn.
Forget what we said! Put on your sunglasses, pop open that umbrella and take that job hunt to a patio. We will refrain from mentioning how hard it is to read from a laptop screen backlit by the blinding sun.
The hills are alive in Chesterbrook, where Deacom has been growing like a weed! Having tripled in size over the last four years, the “Artisans of ERP Software” are gearing up to take it to the next level yet again. Might it be time to hitch your wagon to this “impact-ocracy”? Learn more here.
Capital One — the “tech company disguised as a bank” — just cut the ribbon on a new office building in Delaware, designed with the look and feel of coworking spaces. The 11-floor building, located at 802 Delaware Ave in Wilmington, has got that HGTV-inspired open concept aesthetic and a full coffee bar to boot. Take a peek here for pics, and don’t forget to check out all of the opportunities on the Capital One job board.
“It makes me proud to work for a tech company where diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our company and our teams. One tip when applying for a role here or elsewhere, is to help paint a picture about your personal commitment to building inclusive teams, products, or lifting and learning from others who come from different backgrounds.”
— Danielle Cohn, executive director, head of LIFT Labs, Comcast NBCUniversal
Lots of variety for you this week, folks! Take a glance as we work out our unresolved issues with patio furniture.
Project managers, the line starts here:
- Weblinc is on the prowl for an Agile Project Manager
- Inspire is looking to hire a Product Manager — Sales Tools
- P’unk Avenue is also hiring an Agile Project Manager
An Easter egg-inspired assortment of bizdev, comms, design and events roles:
- Semrush is on the lookout for a Partnership Development Manager (BizDev)
- Penn Mutual is hiring a Communications Specialist
- PromptWorks seeks a Director of Product Design
- CIC is searching for an Events Lead
And of course, a well of top-notch engineering opportunities:
- Penn Mutual is also on the hunt for a Software Engineer — Java
- Pinnacle 21 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer
- Vanguard is hiring a Tech Lead — Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer
- Azavea is seeking an Operations Engineer
- Blackfynn is fishin’ around for a Front End Engineer
- Accolade wants to hire a Senior Data Engineer (Java, Python, AWS, Spark)
Bonus! Work from anywhere with these remote jobs we’ve vetted for you:
- Latchel is a 100% remote team. Check out all five of their open tech jobs
- LiteracyPro Systems, Inc. seeks a remote Full-Stack PHP Engineer
- TaxJar is saving the world from taxes and looking for a Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
- Sense helps people understand their home energy consumption. They need a Junior Data Engineer
Well, everyone, it was great to be read by you this week. May you have a pleasant week of marvelous weather and a positive attitude towards outdoor dining.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Dev Conference!
And as always, feel free to check out new jobs anytime of day or night, right here on our master list.-30-
Meet these 10 hiring companies at Super Meetup
This Week in Jobs: Fall patterns that go great with engineering roles
This Week in Jobs: Blockbuster-grade jobs in events, data viz and UX
Meet these 10 hiring companies at Super Meetup
This Week in Jobs: Careers cooler than a Super Soaker
This Week in Jobs: Here’s an extra shot of jobs for ya
This Week in Jobs: Careers as hot as the midsummer sun
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia