(Courtesy photos, image by Technical.ly)
For just $20, a ticket to this year’s Dev Conference is a real steal, considering it’s also a chance to hear from software engineers at some of the world’s leading technology companies.
And if you haven’t done it yet, grab one now, because we’re only two weeks away from Dev Conf at the Drexel LeBow College of Business as a part of Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast. It’s happening on Wednesday, May 8, and we’ve got our full list of speakers to share with you.
At the event, you’ll hear from a dozen speakers with programming sessions ranging from advanced analytics, implementing AI at scale, big data and way, way more that will keep you busy for an entire day of networking, brainstorming and discussing the newest trends in the industry.
Here is the list of our experts who will be speaking at Dev Conference:
Jeanine Heck — VP of Product Development, Comcast
- Jeanine will be discussing how Comcast is using artificial intelligence to make Xfinity products better. She’ll share insights on how to approach product development when AI is involved.
Abha Kumar — Principal, Global IT Executive at Vanguard
- Join in for a special programming session with Abha and get a primer on Vanguard’s approach to IT.
Todd Escalona — Solutions Architect Evangelist, Amazon Web Services
- Todd will provide an introduction to the newly launched AWS DeepRacer, a fully autonomous 1/18th scale race car driven by reinforcement learning, 3D racing simulator, and global racing league. Learn about the basics of reinforcement learning, what’s under the hood and opportunities to get hands on with AWS DeepRacer and participate in the AWS DeepRacer League.
Jon Hollander — SVP, Head of Information Management at TD Bank
- Come see how Jon and the team at TD Bank is improving its data capabilities to enable advanced analytics at enterprise scale, while maintaining its strong risk culture and operating within a highly regulated industry.
Ryan Yurkanin — Lead Software Engineer at Guru
- Hooks solve a problem that the React community has been trying to solve for a long time. Ryan will be taking a trip through React’s history and dive into what hooks are, and how we arrived at them.
Jeff Keating — Senior VP of Technology at Elsevier
- Join in for a programming session with Jeff as he discusses key trends in the healthcare industry.
Frank Racis — Associate Principal Engineer at Cerner
- As computer languages evolve, they can help to eliminate the possibility of null references, or help a developer deal with their existence. In this talk, Frank will look at the history of these errors and how various programming languages are changing to help developers deal with this “Billion Dollar Mistake”
Mukund Gopalan — Senior Director, Technology and Alex Lin — Principal Data Engineer at Grubhub
- Grubhub has embarked on a three-year journey to integrate data from all of its acquisitions and mergers, and scale its data platforms. Hear about some of the challenges in this journey and how the team solved them, lessons learned and future roadmap with Mukund and Alex.
And as if that isn’t enough, here is the current list of organizations coming to Dev Conference to discuss their current work within the industry and to meet all of the great technologists (like you!) at the event:
- Power Home Remodeling
- TD Bank
- Pinnacle 21
- Drexel LeBow College of Business (our host sponsor!)
- TURN5 (our swag bag sponsor!)
- Chariot Solutions
Grab your tickets as soon as possible — and don’t forget our Dev Happy Hour at Landmark Americana right across the street from Drexel LeBow right after the event.
See ya there.
July 4 will look — and sound — different this year. Here’s how to celebrate virtually
How to stay connected (and cool) this July: Check out these 10 virtual Philly tech events from home
This recent Penn grad’s summer program will teach tech skills remotely via interactive digital projects
‘What is the world our customer is living in?’ Product pros on bringing an idea to life
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia