Earlier this week, we introduced some details of what you can expect on May 8 at this year’s Dev Conference at the Drexel LeBow College of Business as a part of Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast.
And guess what? We have even more exciting news to share with you.
Presenting at the event are experts within their respective fields who will be discussing trending topics such as AI and machine learning, cloud computing, React components, cybersecurity, Agile development, leadership, soft skills and more.
We hope you’re as excited as we are to hear from these great minds. Check out just a few of our experts who will be at the event below:
Aurora Morales — Search outreach specialist, Google
- Join Aurora for her talk as she discuses how website owners can protect themselves and their business. She will cover this crucial topic for SEOs and share several demos of these threats, plus how they can be prevented. Find out what Google is seeing in hacking trends, Google’s view on what HTTPS does (and doesn’t do), and how to best address a hacked site.
Brian O’Neill — Chief technology officer, Monetate
- Brian will be discussing all aspects of AI and how it can function at scale, because “just getting the math right for artificial intelligence to work is hard.” Come and hear how his team at Monetate influences one in three dollars spent online during Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and how they’re using their Personalization Engine to improve the customer experience for many of the world’s leading brands.
Howie Ross — Director of engineering, Linode
- Howie will be discussing a high-level overview of the current state of the art best practices in Agile, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, lean startup and more buzz words than you can fit on a bingo card. There will also be light indoctrination into his philosophies on software engineering, business, and the future of work.
Timothy Wenhold — Partner and chief innovation officer at Power Home Remodeling
- Timothy will be discussing the big question on all of our minds: “What will your career mean?” He will talk through the many benefits of focusing on purpose and mission when considering your next job jump and the pitfalls of just following the cash, as well as how to get paid well for doing something good.
On top of these great speakers, we also have the current list of organizations coming to Dev Conf to showcase their new ideas and discuss the technologies that are changing the shape of our city and culture as we know it. Check it out:
- Power Home Remodeling
- Pinnacle 21
- Drexel LeBow College of Business (our host sponsor!)
- Chariot Solutions
- Turn5 (our swag bag sponsor!)
If you haven’t registered yet, don’t worry — you still have time to purchase your ticket to attend the Dev Conference for $65, or get yourself an All-Access Pass to attend the morning workshop for $75. But hurry, because spots are limited.
Look for more updates regarding our speakers slated for the 2019 Dev Conference to come soon, and don’t forget our Dev Happy Hour after the event as well.
Events Roundup: It’s your last chance to make Philly tech connections this decade
It’s Hive76’s 10th anniversary. Here are some of the makerspace’s greatest hits
Designer, technologist and Silicon Valley advisor John Maeda on ‘how to speak machine’
Say ‘Ahoy’ to the technical opportunities at Vanguard
Hey, remote workers: Philly has a holiday party made just for you this year
CCP is hosting a conference on the connection between video games and academics
On building a successful data team
Packed with growth opportunities, WSFS Bank moves into Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia