(Design by Penji; printing by Press & Release)
Wow: We are almost a month away from the ninth annual Philly Tech Week.
There have been a lot of exciting announcements lately, including the Signature Event venue, the arts crawl format for Kickoff and the first wave of speakers for Introduced by Technical.ly.
Introduced — the one-day, one-location event launched in 2018 — is back, and we know you all have been patiently awaiting the schedule’s released. Below is your first look at the sessions for each room of Introduced by Technical.ly. Plus, if you register this week, you’ll get a free official PTW19 T-shirt included in your order!
(Psst, this is not an April Fools’ joke: The number of tickets for the T-shirt flash sale is capped, so don’t wait too long.)
TRACKS: Media and Creative
THEMES: How to access customers via digital tools and new approaches. Be inspired and informed by design and art principles in the digital form.
- 10 a.m. — The Brains Behind Gritty: How One Mascot Went Viral
- 11 a.m. — Customer Journey (exact title TBD)
- 12 p.m. — Could Company Benefits Outweigh Pay? Key Strategies to Attract and Retain Talent
- 2 p.m. — Walk the Walk: Driving Profitable Business Transformation Using a Human-Centered Approach
- 3 p.m. — The Truth Behind Impactful Content: Where Storytelling and Digital Format Come Together
- 4 p.m. — “Yes, You Are a Technologist”: Redefining the Tech Scene
TRACKS: Civic and Access
THEMES: Make your city more innovative and equitable. Make your organization and industry more diverse and inclusive.
- 10 a.m. — Founding the Future: Empowering the Next Generation of Entrepreneurs
- 11 a.m. — Entering the Tech Field: Diversity in the Workplace After the First Year
- 12 p.m. — Being a Good Corporate Neighbor: Listening, Aligning & Giving Back
- 2 p.m. — Social Ventures: What are they and Why do they Matter?
- 3 p.m. — TBD but stay tuned for something exciting!
- 4 p.m. — Amplifying Civic Power: Using Art to Impact Change
TRACKS: Business and Sciences
THEMES: Lessons in growing smarter companies and being a better founder. Trends in digital health, health IT and other innovative practices.
- 10 a.m. — Removing the Stigma: Creative Solutions for the Mental Health Crisis
- 11 a.m. — The Two Hottest Industries in America: Esports and Sports Betting
- 12 p.m. — Science Case Studies (exact title TBD)
- 2 p.m. — Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (exact title TBD)
- 3 p.m. — The Next Big Idea: Approaches to Innovation in the Corporate and Startup Worlds
- 4 p.m. — Fail Better: Startup Founders and Stories of Resilience
This year, there will also be a closing happy hour sponsored by Linode. Use your name tag from the event to get free drinks and snacks.
Stay tuned for more details as the full list of speakers, the demo floor participants and the curated 1:1 meeting hosts will be announced in the coming weeks.-30-
Chamber of Commerce members feel slightly less sure about Philly’s biz economy heading into 2020
30 events are already lined up for Philly Tech Week 2020 (and more to come)
CES 2020: The future of mobility is bright (and electric)
How the history of Linode HQ inspires its employees
Events Roundup: 8 ways to start your 2020 on the right professional foot
Meet the winners of Philly’s 2019 Technical.ly Awards
Want to organize a Philly Tech Week 2020 event? Start here
When it comes to diversity, Vanguard puts its money where its mouth is
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia