Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“I’m big enough to admit I’m often inspired by myself.”
— Leslie Knope, “Parks and Rec”
We’re just past the middle of Women’s History Month — also known here at Technical.ly as Women in Tech month. Quite fittingly, the release of the female-led superhero blockbuster “Captain Marvel” is plowing through a field previously dominated by men, and poised to bring in $1 billion at the box office.
Let’s all celebrate by playing this ridiculously motivating Nike commercial on repeat and sharing the following list of tech opportunities with all of the women we know.
Wei Ting Chang walked us through a day in her life as a female software engineer at Philly-based Vistar Media. Chang said the adtech company is actively inclusive, fast-paced and full of opportunity, and talked about her belief that the tech field is something anybody can get into if they have the passion and interest. Check out the career opportunities here.
In Baltimore, Radhika Shenoy shared how she rose from business analyst at 14 West to the elite business intelligence team’s program manager in only six years. 14 West is the business services unit of The Agora, a network for over 40 companies in media and direct marketing, and we’re told it’s a place for “go-getters.” Got the bug to work fast and take initiative? Plenty of roles await you.
Delaware, ready to mingle with hundreds of candidate-hungry employers? Get yourself to NET/WORK Delaware tomorrow, March 20. A wealth of jobs await you! Plus this exciting event trifecta: snacks, profesh headshots and a free resume review.
Like a surprisingly well-coiffed Captain Marvel (seriously, how does superhero hair stay so perfect in battle?), the time has come to slap on the spandex and dominate this week’s jobs board.
- Sonavex is hiring an Engineering Manager
- Yet seeks an Associate IT Project Manager
- Money Map Press is looking for a WordPress Developer
- SmartLogic is on the hunt for a Developer
- Mindgrub is hiring an Automation Engineer
- Vistar Media is seeking a Software Engineer
- Chariot Solutions wants to hire Senior Java Developers (plural!)
- Inspire is looking for an Inside Sales Specialist
- Linode is on the hunt for a Software Engineer — Python
- Perpay seeks a Full Stack Engineer
- Nava is looking for an Experienced Software Engineer — Back End
- LawIQ wants to hire a Product Manager — Energy Industry Analytics Software
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. is hiring a Cybersecurity Engineer — Junior
- Social Driver seeks a Director of User Experience
- 2U is hiring for an Engineer II, Endpoint Systems
- Chatham Financial is looking for a Senior Product Designer
- JP Morgan Chase is hiring a Java Full Stack Software Engineer
- Capital One seeks a Manager, Software Engineering
- CSC is on the prowl for a Program Manager
Work in your PJs! (e.g., remotely, at home)
- Circonus, Inc. is looking for a UI/UX Engineer — Remote
“Like many great tech companies, at Vistar Media our job candidates will have a coding puzzle stage in their candidate experience. This shouldn’t overwhelm or intimidate — you’re smart, that’s why you’re here already. Use whatever tools you have to write your best code and keep it simple. We want to see your resourcefulness.”
— Diane Worthington, TA specialist, Vistar Media
Upcoming IRL career events
Comin’ up in Philly:
- Execs and entrepreneurs, there’s a one-of-a-kind technology strategy conference coming your way called Phorum 2019 at the SugarHouse Event Center on April 4. The event brings together startups in emerging technology with C-suite execs to explore the reinvention of enterprises in the digital era.
- Also remember to save the week of May 3 to 11 for Philly Tech Week 2019 (presented by Comcast). That goes for all of you, Mid-Atlantic-ers.
This week in NET/WORK: Delaware, come on down! D.C., you’re on deck.
- NET/WORK Delaware will take place March 20 at CSC. To RSVP, click here.
- NET/WORK DC will happen on March 27 at Alley powered by Verizon. To RSVP, click here.
As the Queen Bee herself once said, “We have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.” So true, Beyonce. So true.
That said, check out more stories featuring Women in Tech here, or take it a step farther by sharing these job openings with any woman (or person!) you know who’d be a great fit for one of the roles listed above — or on our full jobs list, updated daily.
See you next week, friends.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Puns and puns of jobs
Power Moves: Meet Technical.ly Philly’s new reporter and Guru’s new exec
This Week in Jobs: Hearing ‘new jobs’ is music to our ears
This apprenticeship program is opening the door for candidates with nontraditional backgrounds
This Week in Jobs: Memorial Day shopping for a shiny new career
These 11 tech companies will be hiring at #DevConf19
This Week in Jobs: Jobs first. Tequila never again.
How AI can help humans, not replace them
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia