(Photo by Catherine Sontag)
This is a sponsored post featuring Talent Pro clients that will attend our NET/WORK tech jobs fair on Feb. 26.
The most important first step when a company joins Technical.ly’s company board is for us to get to know them inside and out, discovering what makes them unique so we can best connect them with the talent they need to complete their teams.
With the annual NET/WORK Philly coming up next Tuesday, we have a prime opportunity to highlight some of the interesting bits we’ve learned along the way.
Perhaps some of these will resonate with you, and hopefully this serves as a useful tool to help you make the most of your time at the event.
Here are a few fun facts about each of the companies you’ll find along “Pro Row” next Tuesday (that’s the section right near the entrance to the exhibitor hall), but the most fun fact of all is that they’re currently hiring!
This creator of geospatial data applications happens to be a certified B Corp, emphasizing its commitment to social causes.
- Currently looking for: Operations Engineer
The tech consulting firm places a strong emphasis on employee growth and development, seeking engineers who agree: “If you aren’t learning, you aren’t happy.”
- Currently looking for: Full Stack React Developers, Full Stack Angular Developers, Senior Java Developers, Mobile Developers
Side note: Chariot Solutions is sponsoring free headshots at NET/WORK Philly, so come ready for your close-up!
The “Artisans of ERP Software” foster creative solutions with lots of open collaboration spaces and a philosophy of continuous improvement; but don’t expect your days to be filled with meetings. Engineers here enjoy most days of heads down building.
- Currently looking for: Consulting Services Specialist, Implementation Consultant, Junior Software Developer, Inside Sales Representative, EDI Specialist, Software Developer, Software Developer Internship – Summer 2019, Front End Developer
IntegriChain is a life sciences commercial data and analytics company — focused exclusively after the healthcare provider writes the prescription — that helps innovative bio/pharma manufacturers identify and remove barriers to patient therapy initiation and adherence. With offices just off Suburban Station in Philly and at the Ambler Station stop, employees get their choice between easily commutable Philly to Ambler digs.
- Currently looking for: Director of Advisory Services, Managed Markets, Data Engineer, Senior Analyst
The Old City cloud hosting provider doesn’t just apply an open source approach to its platform, but also to its culture — feedback and support are constant, and everyone has the opportunity to contribute no matter their position. Oh yeah, and their office was once the home to MTV’s “Real World Philadelphia” residents circa 2004.
- Currently looking for: Software Engineer – Python, Senior Software Kubernetes, QA Automation Engineer, Product Marketing Manager, Systems Software Engineer
The Australian financial group has offices in 27 different countries and its tech team is growing in Philadelphia.
The name of this 20-year-old Center City-based software solutions company was inspired by Homer’s classic “The Odyssey.”
- Currently looking for: Director of People Operations, Senior Business Analyst, Senior Project Manager, Business Development Associate
8. Penn Mutual
Would it surprise you to learn that a company founded in 1847 is using cutting-edge technology? Imagine all that can be discovered through 172 years of data …
- Currently looking for: Communications Specialist, Product Systems Trainer – Leap, Software Engineer – Java, Software Engineer
The midtown village fintech company starts every week with a Monday morning meeting where employees share a bit about their weekend and life outside the office. An in-office pro barista bar keeps them moving throughout the week.
- Currently looking for: Operations Specialist, Full Stack Engineer, Experience Designer, Software Engineer: E-commerce (Full Stack), Software Engineer: E-commerce (PHP), Data Engineer
10. Pinnacle 21
The data standardization company pays for employees to attend one conference a year in order to encourage growth and development. They also have a life size chess board on their office grounds — NBD.
The Philadelphia-based software development company recently added an office in Austin and will be expanding to a larger Philly office soon.
The iconic investment firm runs a technology leadership program for employees — a two-year program with three rotations and two capstones, specifically geared towards recent graduates who want to develop their technical expertise within the business world. Want to learn while you earn?
- Currently looking for: Intermediate Software Developer, Full Stack Engineer – Java, Product Owner of Data Science Solutions
The ecommerce company housed across two buildings in Old City has a buddy system that pairs fresh hires with other employees to quickly get acclimated to the organization.
From turntables to Tactile: How Marc Coleman designed a career in entrepreneurship
Looking to level up your coding skills? Here’s 12 Philly bootcamps, orgs and resources
The Code for Philly-born PHLASK app will show you where to find free drinking water
TechGirlz is reaching middle school girls with virtual learning ‘Podz’
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia