We’re only three months away from PTW19 and the week is look shaping up pret-ty nicely. Organizations ranging from the Philadelphia Independent Film Festival to Coded by Kids are hard at work creating experiences to make this year’s events unforgettable.
Similar to the first chat, I started the conversation with a few updates about the week. If you couldn’t make it, here’s what you missed:
- You have less than a month to submit your event ideas to the PTW19 community calendar. If you’re having problems brainstorming or need help with the event planning process, don’t fret — I am here to help! Shoot me an email (email@example.com) to get the conversation started.
- #PTW19 will kick off with a festival in Old City on May 3. Be a part of the PTW19 Kickoff Festival map and join our “buy local art” challenge.
After several introductions, a few calls for collaboration and requests for volunteer opportunities, we highlighted some of the awesome events that have been approved and gushed about the ones in the works. Check out the events below (and more) on this year’s community calendar:
- RSVP for the PTW19 Kickoff in Old City and purchase tickets for Introduced by Technical.ly 2019, Dev Conference and PTW19 Signature Event now!
- Empower by Guru 2019 will bring together revenue team leaders across sales, support and customer success for two days of interactive learning, cohort-driven collaboration and action planning — all focused on empowering your teams to deliver world-class customer experience and drive revenue.
- The second annual HUE Tech Summit exists to educate, elevate and empower women of color technologists and techpreneurs in the Delaware Valley and beyond.
- The Business Resource and Innovation Center (BRIC) of the Free Library of Philadelphia is organizing “Framing Philly’s Social Impact Scene: Where Business, Nonprofit and Philly Meet.” Join experts from some of the area’s top social impact organizations for a panel discussion to learn how they are using technology to streamline their organizations, reach underserved populations and engage with new audiences.
- Streamline will host “The Streamline Experience — Virtual Reality in Real Estate,” a one-day event exploring the use of virtual reality to enrich the new construction home buying experience for consumers.
- Chicktech Philly is organizing “Building Diverse Tech Teams: An Evening of Lightning Talks.” Join local technologists and executives for an evening of networking and lightning talks focused on how and why to hire and retain diverse technical talent.
Before the chat ended, I asked participants if they wanted one more chat before the big week and I was met with a resounding yes. Your wish is my command.
B. PHL claims to be the ‘first’ citywide innovation festival. But is it?
Philly’s NorthStar Conference won’t be back in 2019. Here’s what to expect instead
Small biz owners: How do you fund the hustle?
How Macquarie blends tech-fueled financial services with global opportunity
National Maker Faire shut down, but the Philly group says its not going anywhere
BIO 2019 was in Philly this week. Here’s what you missed
The top 10 reasons to attend NextFab’s 10th anniversary party
This apprenticeship program is opening the door for candidates with nontraditional backgrounds
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia