(Image by Technical.ly)
If you’ve ever asked, “How can we get more involved in the local tech community?” — know that the answer is Philly Tech Week.
Last year we were so encouraged by the enthusiastic support of Technical.ly’s monthly membership program, we started to think about how nonprofits and social impact-oriented companies could get more involved with the particular goal of fostering community impact through independent local media.
And so, we launched the Philly Tech Week Community Supporter sponsorship ahead of 2018’s event series.
Here’s how it works:
- At the beginning of PTW19 (early May), we’ll publicly announce the first group of PTW Community Supporter sponsors. The program will again be limited to 10 organizations for 2019.
- Community Supporters will be included in our invitation-only stakeholder meetings, held quarterly. These stakeholder meetings bring together a dynamic group of civic, startup, corporate and community leaders who help shape our programming and find ways to partner with other stakeholders.
- During PTW19, you can sponsor two PTW scholars, aka community members who are unable to cover the cost of our conferences. We’ll write a special thank you post to our Community Supporters during the week, and later in the year we’ll work with you to publish an update showcasing how your organization is increasing its involvement in the tech community.
- Your organization’s logo will also be included on conference signage and in our editorial and social media campaigns, as well as receive two complimentary tickets to the second annual Introduced conference and our Signature Event party.
- And lastly, you’ll have five complimentary Technical.ly memberships to distribute to your team. Our membership program supports our community reporting and connects you with other impact and civic-minded professionals. Plus, get the exclusive invite to members-only events!
These nine companies accepted the challenge in 2018:
- Arc Intermedia
- Digital Ocean
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- Netrality Properties
- Schuylkill Yards
- Cashman & Associates
One of the ways that Technical.ly supports the tech community is by publishing daily journalism about social impact organizations of all sizes and people of all backgrounds, and creating inclusive events that bring them together. We’re excited to continue to welcome these orgs into the Philly Tech Week ecocsystem in its ninth year.
Ready to join us?
Why you should totally call yourself a technologist (but never a ‘techie’)
On combating resistance as a technology lead
The tech behind North Philly’s new Met concert hall
Why working with the University City Science Center was a game changer for 4 Philly startups
The 5 stages of the data scientist
Biz growth, branding and leadership: Lessons from #Intro19
An app to connect musicians debuts at Cypher City Spotlight
Take a peek at the opportunities popping up at PromptWorks
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia