(Technical.ly file photo)
There could be 100 people in the room, and 99 of them want to organize an event during Philly Tech Week, but all it takes is one meetup to change your whole life.
In case you missed it while scrolling through Lady Gaga memes, Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast is going down May 3 to May 11, 2019 and the time has come to ask yourself: How do I want to be involved in PTW19?
Luckily, you don’t have to think too hard. The Technical.ly events team is here to help you answer that question (and others) in a tell-it-all meetup at WeWork on Wednesday, Dec. 5, focused on your Tech Week participation.
All are welcome to join us. Whether you’d like to organize an event, host an event, sponsor, speak, demo or volunteer, this is your chance to ask those burning questions that you’ve been holding onto all year. Check out what we have planned for the night:
- The Technical.ly team will review the event application and submission process as well as new 2019 updates.
- The floor will open for introductions. Community members will be given a few moments to share a little about their desired involvement in the week.
- We’ll all get to know each other in open networking. Collaboration is theme of the night. Looking for a venue or potential partner? After the introductions, you will get to connect with the missing piece to your PTW puzzle.
But before you scroll over to your calendar app to save the date, check out these four ways to win before the help plan meetup:
- Review our handy event organizer guide! This will your number-one resource throughout the planning process. Go through it and bring your questions to the meetup on the 5th.
- Prepare your tweet-length introduction. Be sure to keep it concise and to the point.
- Join Technical.ly on Slack. Once you join, add the #philly channel, the official location for all PTW19 Slack chats.
- Tell your friends. It’s no fun unless the homies can come. The more, the merrier!
That’s not all, folks. Like a cherry on top of the sundae, we’ve added one more perk to sweeten the deal. On Tuesday, Jan. 8, from 2 to 3:30 p.m., tune into our #philly Slack channel for an online chat (the first of two) where we will share planning updates and address questions.
Fine tuning the details of an event can require some heavy lifting, but we’re here to lighten the load. Come to this meetup and it’s smooth sailing from here to PTW19.-30-
Peep the Philly companies nominated for PACT’s 2019 Enterprise Awards
These 4 language choices can help squash gender bias
Meet these 47 companies hiring tech talent at NET/WORK Philly on Feb. 26
This rising fintech startup is helping make life’s expenses easier to manage
Philly Tech Week 2019 will kick off with a festival during Old City’s First Friday
Thursday: What went down at CES 2019?
Join Ellevest’s Sallie Krawcheck and Girls Who Code’s Reshma Saujani in Philadelphia
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia