(Screenshot via People)
Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox.
The Votes are In
In news that the entire country can agree on, Idris Elba has finally earned his rightful title of “Sexiest Man Alive.”
It’s proof that in the end — no matter how long it took or how many times you were passed over for questionable and potentially lesser qualified applicants — sometimes everything works out exactly as it should.
Read on to see if any job titles are calling your name, then get out there, you sexy job-hunting beast!
In the News
Squashing any future comparisons to infamous Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes once and for all, Group K Diagnostics founder and CEO Brianna Wronko announced the company raised $2 million in Series A funding. So what sets the company apart? Oh, just a little thing called science. Seeing Group K’s point-of-care testing device technology in action convinced an undisclosed investor to write a check that will take the 14-person company to the next level. The Group K squad plans to grow to 26 employees by March 2019, so head on over here if you want to reach out and introduce yourself.
Just a quick and breezy 18-hour drive from Philly, ever-growing e-commerce auto retailer Turn5, Inc. just opened a new fulfillment center in Lenexa, Kansas. But if you like to do things like see your family and sleep, there’s also plenty of great gigs open at Turn5’s headquarters in Paoli.
In case you’re looking to work at a company that loves to rock the vote as much as you do, here are nine Philly tech companies that gave employees time to get to the polls and post that super cute “I voted” selfie on the ‘gram.
On the Jobs Board
Creative types, take a look at these brand spankin’ new UX/Design opps:
- Fintech startup Perpay is looking for a Product Designer to map out intuitive and engaging features for its mobile and desktop experiences.
- Hero Digital seeks a Creative Director with a “breathtaking body of work” who is passionate about elegant, purposeful, modern design.
- Monroe Creative Partners — a branding and creative agency — is hiring an Interactive Designer/Front-End Developer who can create stunning digital ads, websites and emails.
Experienced engineers, time to strut your stuff:
- E-commerce retailer ShopRunner has got its eye on a new Lead Software Engineer with experience initiating major architectural or language changes.
- Healthtech company Accolade is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join its enterprise data platform team.
- IntegriChain is hiring a Data Integration Manager, Market Access with 5+ years experience with ETL.
And a special opp for the artsy-fartsy at heart:
- The Barnes Foundation seeks a Director of Information Technology Operations to plan and execute IT functions, and manage a team of four.
The Best of the Rest
- Account Director, Hero Digital
- Project Manager, Engine Room
- Software Developer 2, Almac Group
- Senior Software Engineer in Test, Practice (Instructure)
- Computer Programmer, Haverford College
Thanks for joining us this week, folks. Don’t forget to channel Elba’s effortless swagger when writing those cover letters. After all, there’s nothing sexier than confidence.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Careers as hot as the midsummer sun
On the Market: Why you should consider a dev job at this poverty reduction nonprofit
This Week in Jobs: Gaze straight into the eyes of these new jobs
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
This Week in Jobs: Nothin’ to do but apply for jobs
This Week in Jobs: Purrfect gigs for senior-level pros
This Week in Jobs: Puns and puns of jobs
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia