Photo from unsplash.com
Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox.)
Thanks, from the Technical.ly editorial team!
Any minute now, it will begin. Before you’ve even dismantled the faux cobwebs from your windowsill, you’ll hear it: the familiar jingle jangle of holiday shopping commercials.
Ah, yes. It’s that precarious time of year when we’re taunted with ads for things we never knew we wanted, most certainly don’t need, yet suddenly have to have. Undoubtedly during this season, we will be challenged — many of us forced to look deep within and answer one of life’s most grueling questions: Do I gift this state-of-the-art Vitamix A3500 blender, or secretly keep it for myself?
Despite the Vitamix’s promise of routinely perfect smoothies, the best gift you can get yourself this year is a career you love. Plus, if the pay is right, you can splurge on two blenders — one for you and one for Aunt Susan. See? Everybody wins.
Though we strongly believe Blackfynn would be the perfect name for a villain shark in a new Disney movie, in reality it falls straight into the hero category. The Center City data analytics platform for neurological research has been selected to partner with the Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) in an effort to uncover new treatments for Parkinson’s disease. Using data from the Parkinson’s Progression Marker Initiative, Blackfynn and MJFF hope to create a better quality of life for patients with Parkinson’s. Just like how Moana took on Mother Nature to protect her tribe. Anyways, if improving the lives of others gets you excited to go to work, take a look at Blackfynn’s career openings.
Like the saying goes, “Mo’ money, mo’ mental health solutions.” Okay, fine, it doesn’t go that way, but it should. NeuroFlow — the mental health platform — received a $225,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to pilot its flagship software product, EngageBH, at Philly’s Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center. If all goes well, after the first six month phase of the grant, NeuroFlow will be eligible for another round of funding for a larger-scale study. So hop on board at this growing company on a mission to help people feel better.
Senior Engineers, feast your eyeballs on these babies:
- Practice (Instructure) is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Test with a passion for quality and a dedication to the “fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software.”
- Chariot Solutions is on the hunt for elite Senior Java Developers with a full stack skillset. Some serious perks at the 4x Top Philly Workplace.
Ops and PMs, a little career candy for you, too:
- Civtech firm Azavea is hiring a Project Manager to join its Urban Applications Team. Curious what civtechies create? Check out some of the cool projects employees have tackled with the ‘10% Time’ benefit.
- Human experience agency MOD seeks a likable Senior Account Manager with past experience “juggling chainsaws.” In other words, you can multitask your behind off. But not literally. Juggling actual chainsaws comes with many risks—losing your behind included. Don’t do that.
- Bringing more credit options to the people, fintech startup Perpay is looking for a recent grad/rising star to be its new Operations Specialist.
Yours truly is hiring!
- Technical.ly is looking for a Managing Editor to oversee the daily publishing and community engagement of Technical.ly’s editorial team, and lead a team of three full-time reporters in the Mid-Atlantic region. Bonus perk: the friendship of a sarcastic, but benevolent newsletter writer.
- Computer Programmer, Haverford College
- Digital Creative Director, Hero Digital
- Web Development Lead, CardConnect
- Scala Developers, Chariot Solutions
- Software Engineer, Vistar Media
Good to see you this week, dear job-seekers. May the contents of your wallets stay safe and sound during this jolly, expensive upcoming season.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Memorial Day shopping for a shiny new career
These 11 tech companies will be hiring at #DevConf19
This Week in Jobs: Jobs first. Tequila never again.
Why working with the University City Science Center was a game changer for 4 Philly startups
This Week in Jobs: Which job will be your first-round pick?
This Week in Jobs: Take your job hunt to the great outdoors
This Week in Jobs: Like Disney World for tech lovers
Take a peek at the opportunities popping up at PromptWorks
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia