(Photo by London Reese/Instagram)
Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site (it’s meant to live in your inbox).)
Thanks! — @zackseward
We’ve all been there. You think you’ve found the perfect job only to realize a few months later you were more in love with the idea of the job than the actual job itself. Soon enough you regret getting the company’s name tattooed on your neck and you have to cover it up with a different tattoo. And the song you dedicated to the company on your latest album declaring it your soulmate was, in retrospect, perhaps a bit premature.
It happens to everyone.
Well, whether in jobs or in love, it’s true what they say: there’s plenty of fish in the sea. We’ve got the proof. Read on to find your own catch of the day.
Email marketing company AWeber is turning 20, and since it’s still not old enough to drink yet, it’s giving away $20,000 instead. The company has created a contest called “Small Business, Big Impact” and will grant the prize money to whichever small biz delivers the best pitch for how it plans to “better serve its customers or transform society.” Take a look at AWeber’s career openings if you want to work for a company that’s dedicated to giving back and making an impact. Or if you just want to work in an office that has giant slides. Weeee!
Philly’s Azavea and Seer Interactive both made Fortune’s Inner City 100 list. The list tracks the growth of orgs that are driving economic prosperity in “distressed urban areas of concentrated poverty and unemployment.” The study also noted that Inner City 100 companies were more likely to offer healthcare and retirement benefits, which you can bet your bottom dollar Azavea and Seer Interactive both do. Check out their openings here and here, respectively, and reap those sweet sweet retirement rewards.
Secure the perimeter! Tech Impact, the Callowhill IT services nonprofit, has created a security division to help all those other nonprofits out there defend their data turf. The new division will create specialized security plans that nonprofits can actually afford. The company has offices in Philly, D.C. and Wilmington, so don’t be shy, hop on board.
Operations and PM pros, here you go:
- Digital agency Zivtech is hiring a “hungry” Senior Digital Project Manager to strengthen its client engagement team. Be sure not to accidentally come across “thirsty.” That’d just look desperate.
- ERP software firm Deacom is looking for an IT Specialist to install, manage, configure and maintain the goods at its Chesterbrook office.
- PromptWorks seeks a Senior Software Project Manager to champion client growth using Agile practices to build custom software.
- Inspire is hiring a Product Manager to join its team of Avengers in protecting the planet by turning wind into power. Must bring own cape.
Devs, we got you:
- Ascensus — a firm that helps 8 million Americans create savings plans — is looking for a Senior Application Engineer.
- Investment firm Vanguard seeks a Technical Lead Full-Stack with leadership and engineering expertise.
- Old City-based healthtech startup IncentFit is on the hunt for a “whip smart” Full-Stack Software Developer to join its small but growing team that’s helping motivate employees to get fit and healthy.
Best of the Rest
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst, i360
- Senior Scrum Master, Ascensus
- Junior Account Manager, SUMO Heavy
- Quality Assurance Engineer, TrackOFF
- Cloud Operations Engineer, Revzilla
Thanks for joining us this week, friends! Job hunt in good health. And avoid making any permanent declarations of love before you’ve really let things develop. Tattoo removal is very painful. We just want what’s best for you.
See you next week!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Careers as hot as the midsummer sun
On the Market: Why you should consider a dev job at this poverty reduction nonprofit
This Week in Jobs: Gaze straight into the eyes of these new jobs
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
This Week in Jobs: Nothin’ to do but apply for jobs
This Week in Jobs: Purrfect gigs for senior-level pros
This Week in Jobs: Puns and puns of jobs
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia