Philadelphia’s top tech companies will come together Oct. 9 with one goal in mind: to take home a trophy at the region’s third annual Timmy Awards.
The gala will feature opportunities for networking, interactive demos, photo kiosks and the night’s main event — a ceremony recognizing the best in Philadelphia tech.
Here’s why you don’t want to miss this Tech in Motion event.
1. Be “in the know” about the local tech scene
It’s no secret that Philly has a tight-knit tech community, and the Timmy Awards gala is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the industry. The networking portion of the event is a chance to talk face to face with attendees representing the 30 finalist companies. Winners and runners up will also have a chance to take the stage and talk about the innovation, creativity and forward thinking that have earned them the title of “the best in Philly tech.”
While Tech in Motion’s events draw in attendees from the local community twice a quarter, the Timmy Awards boasts the largest turnout and greatest opportunity to connect with fellow tech professionals and enthusiasts alike. Grab a drink and start a conversation!
2. The Timmy Awards don’t just recognize the tech product, but also the people behind the product
The Timmys were created to do what other awards didn’t — highlight the best places to work for a sector that shows no signs of slowing down. The business leaders that produce innovative products, the companies with work cultures that actively promote technical creativity, the managers who empower their teams and the organizations that treat diversity as a necessary ingredient for success. The Timmy Awards recognize them all.
Take, for example, Best Tech Work Culture finalist Shoprunner. The team at this company believes that great ideas can come from employees at any level.
3. The Timmys are an opportunity to cheer on local companies and startups
With an award category specifically designed to recognize startups, the Timmys are a great opportunity to learn about smaller, Philly-based companies that are disrupting the tech industry. Startups love Philly, so it comes as no surprise that this award is among the region’s most sought-after.
Here are five of the 10 finalists for this year’s award:
- BSD Education: An online learning platform that uses front-end user tools, data analytics and AI to generate hints and advice related to the learning tendencies of a student.
- NeuroFlow: A platform empowering healthcare providers to objectively assess, track and engage patients using evidence-based practices to support mental health.
- HealthVerity: A technology platform that serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner.
- Asset-Map: A client communication tool that was created by financial professionals for financial professionals. The platform creates interactive visuals blending design thinking and personal finance to deepen client conversation.
- Laborocity: A frictionless, efficient and safe way for businesses to connect and transact with highly qualified contractors. By utilizing AI and machine learning, Laborocity is disrupting traditional staffing on a global scale.
This year, Technical.ly Chief Product Officer Kristin Dudley will present the Work Culture award at the Timmys. We’re excited to welcome Kristin as a part of the event, especially as she starts her work developing a new job connection experience for Technical.ly readers.
So you may be curious — how did this all start? In 2014, Tech in Motion hosted its inaugural Timmy Awards gala, designed to celebrate the companies and individuals creating the best places for tech professionals to work in cities across the U.S. and Canada.
What started four years ago in Boston now takes place in 10 different locations across North America, with each city recognizing their region’s best when it comes to technology work culture, management, startups and diversity initiatives.
Curious about who will take home the awards here in Philadelphia? Watch as the winners are announced live on Oct. 9 by RSVPing here — for free. Come for the celebration of the best in local tech, stay for the networking, interactive demos, food and drinks!-30-
This Philly conference scans the horizon of what’s next in enterprise technology
Collective Strength aims to be Philly’s no-BS networking meetup for women
Design Slam 2019 sketches digital and analog solutions for Philly immigrants
Why working with the University City Science Center was a game changer for 4 Philly startups
Why tech experts so often struggle to become leaders — and what they can do about it
These 11 companies and leaders won 2019 PACT Enterprise Awards
The 5 stages of the data scientist
Take a peek at the opportunities popping up at PromptWorks
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia