(Photo by Flickr user Silvia Storti, used under a Creative Commons license)
Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site (it’s meant to live in your inbox).)
Thanks! — @zackseward
New Season, Who ‘Dis?
Fall has finally graced us with its gloriously cool, crisp presence, and with it comes networking opportunities more delicious than a pumpkin spice latte.
Join us in our overzealous excitement as we gear up for two of the best events for jobseekers this season: Super Meetup Philly (Sept. 25) and NET/WORK Suburbs (Oct. 17). They’re the perfect opportunities to meet great people in a relaxed setting and schmooze it up with key employers on the hunt for new talent. Keep your eyes peeled for continuing coverage on the events, like who’s hiring, as they draw closer.
Additionally, for a chance to mingle with the tech crowd/dance like nobody’s watching, check out Rec Philly’s music-laced Tech Tour on Sept. 28.
But for the scoop on who’s hiring right now, and why we wouldn’t ever actually drink pumpkin spice lattes (hint: they’re disgusting), keep on reading.
Ooh, la la! Slyce, a Center City-based visual search company, is sending a lucky trio of sales staffers to Paris for three months as part of its acceptance into a retail-focused European accelerator program. If all goes well, Slyce’s CEO hopes to “take over Europe” and “sign on as many clients as possible.” If the idea of potentially traveling to France for work has you saying “Oui!” check out Slyce’s many job openings.
Gracing our news feed twice in one week, Renaissance businesswoman Darla Wolfe — founder of Sweat EquitE and the executive director of Philly New Tech Meetup — was recognized for being a trailblazing technologist of color, and for sharing her roadmap for building a tech team on a budget. Find out how her company Sweat EquitE matches professionals with non-traditional opportunities at startups and nonprofits, and most importantly, how you can get in on it.
Speaking of a match made in heaven, auto ecommerce company Turn5 just acquired Jeep-centric ecommerce operation All Things Jeep. Interestingly, both companies were originally built in the founders’ basements with the same passion for serving car enthusiasts. If only it were this easy for humans to find their perfect match. We’d have far fewer seasons of The Bachelor, that’s for sure. Anyways, Turn5 is currently hiring a whopping 39 roles at it’s 90,000-square-foot Paoli, Pa., headquarters, and it might just have a bowling ball with your name — er, face — on it.
Much like the infinite number of foods and beverages people have managed to insert pumpkin flavoring into, we too, are overflowing with sweet, sweet opportunities for you this week, job seekers.
Operations and Project Management pros:
- IntegriChain gets medications into the hands of patients, and needs a killer Senior Business Analyst responsible for customer management and data support. Not a real killer. The opposite of a killer, really…a healer. Nevermind.
- Is your driving purpose in life to defend servers against threats to their security? If that very specific reason for living speaks your language, Linode wants you! The cloud hosting provider is looking for a passionate, seasoned Information Security Engineer.
- Ecommerce agency Noticed seeks a Project Management Lead with ecommerce, retail or agency experience. Did we mention the word ecommerce yet?
- Fintech startup Perpay is hiring an Operations Specialist to help bring financial wellness to the masses.
- Clarivate Analytics seeks a trailblazing Senior Networking Engineer with life-changing ideas.
- Do you believe the children are the future? Kickup is looking for a Client Success Manager to support K-12 educators with its edtech platform.
Salespeople, come on down:
- Inspire is filling two sales positions to rep its newly-launched clean energy smart-home subscription: Quality Assurance Specialist, Sales and a Field Sales Channel Manager.
- ERP software developer Deacom is looking for an Inside Sales Executive, Enterprise Software. It doesn’t matter what your degree is in. Interested in sales? Get in there!
Calling all Product Designers:
- Perpay is also hiring a Product Designer with a focus on mobile and excellent graphic design skills.
- Ecommerce platform ShopRunner is looking for a Senior Product Designer obsessed with customer research, psychology and behavior, and some savvy tricks for building it into a customer journey.
Engineers, we’re here for you:
- LeanSentry — an Ardmore startup that works to improve the Windows web stack — is hiring a Software Engineer, Customer Success who is equally technical and comfortable talking to clients.
- Slyce is looking for a Mobile Engineer.
Mid-Atlantic peeps, we’ve got you covered, too:
- The University of Delaware is looking for an Associate Director of Digital Communications to lead a comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission seeks a Graphic Design and Print Specialist with some serious Adobe Creative Cloud skills.
- SmartLogic — a web and mobile product development consultancy in Baltimore — is hiring a Sales and Business Analyst.
- Stanley Black & Decker seeks an Infrastructure Innovation Center Software Designer who is full of great ideas to come on board in Baltimore.
- Senior Software Engineer, Test, Practice (Instructure)
- Full Stack React Developers, Chariot Solutions
- C++ Developer, Stevens Capital Management LP
- Senior Front-End Engineer, Vanguard
- Data and Systems Analyst, Building 21
- Producer, Eastern Standard
New job listings pop up daily, so don’t forget to check in throughout the week!
Also, as promised, here’s the gut-busting reality of drinking a pumpkin spice latte. Sorry.
See you next week, friends!-30-
Meet these 47 companies hiring tech talent at NET/WORK Philly on Feb. 26
This Week in Jobs, Special Edition: College degree not required
Reclaiming the hiring process might be the new/old business model to sustain local news
This rising fintech startup is helping make life’s expenses easier to manage
This Week in Jobs: Jobs as sweet as careless whispers
This Week in Jobs: Get “Fyred” up for these bad boys
This Week in Jobs: Winter is here, and so are some sweet gigs
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia