(Photo by Brittany Barbato)
Vanguard is a Technically Talent client.
We are pleased to announce that Vanguard — one of the world’s largest investment companies, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa. — is now part of the Technically Talent network.
Check out the freshly launched Vanguard Culture Page to get an in-depth look at the company and apply for Vanguard’s latest-available tech jobs. Here is a small taste of that knowledge:
How the global investment management company sets itself apart:
- By being client-owned: “As a client owner, you own the funds that own Vanguard.”
- By offering investment products that cost much lower than average.
- By featuring a robust lineup of community service and engagement initiatives.
What is it like to work there?
- The technical team at Vanguard works in an agile work environment, and has implemented a “continuous delivery system where folks can get new feature updates into production in less than 15 minutes to begin testing in live product environments.”
- The company offers “a supportive, welcoming work environment” and values diversity in its crew. The physical campus features many perks — including ample green space, walking paths and on-site gyms.
- The “Vanguard Gives Back” program includes volunteer opportunities at local nonprofits and even runs a community garden that donates organic produce to local hunger-relief orgs and food pantries.
“I wanted to work at Vanguard because I liked that there was an emphasis on volunteering and helping people,” said Alexa Cain, an investment systems developer. “I never thought I wanted to end up at a financial company, but the fact that people are such an important part of Vanguard’s mission really made me want to be here and makes me want to stay.”
Find out more about what it’s like to work at the company’s expansive, green campus and peruse Vanguard’s tech job offerings here. Stay tuned for more first-hand accounts of Vanguard’s unique company culture brought to you by Technically Talent.-30-
Join the team behind a reimagined approach to consumer finances
Odessa CEO plans to double down on growing its Philly HQ
A new research center at Wharton wants to make a fintech hub out of Philly
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
Finding creative freedom and work-life balance at Penn Mutual
This rising fintech startup is helping make life’s expenses easier to manage
How teamwork is setting the standard for data standardization at Pinnacle 21
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia