Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s last week’s.)
Thanks! — @zackseward
To borrow from the poetic verse of Philly’s freshest Prince, it’s officially “summer, summer, summertime.” Time to “sit back and unwind” at the shore with a Rita’s water ice and your weekly guide to tech jobs that are as scorching hot as leather seats in a sun-drenched car.
You might think motivational posters are fluffy nonsense, but Power Home Remodeling literally “reached for the sky” last week during the NBA Draft with its #PhillyWantsLeBron campaign, and it was exquisite. The aerial marketing push flattered Mr. James, confused New Yorkers and successfully garnered attention for the city of Philadelphia and Power Home Remodeling (hiring tons of roles across the Mid-Atlantic). So live life to the fullest. Listen to your heart. And remember, nothing is impossible; the word itself says “I’m possible.” ?
Some days it feels like Philly is the geeky girl in the movies who simply takes off her glasses and is suddenly a total babe. Those close to her always knew she was special, but now everyone else can see it too! Case in point: After a yearlong experiment, Nebraska-based fintech firm Orion Advisor has officially opened a new outpost in King of Prussia around CMO Kelly Waltrich, who noted, “Philly is the ideal location…surrounded by world-class colleges, universities, and financial services firms, and we have one of the most vibrant and underrated tech scenes in the biz.” Put those glasses back on and take a look at the growing office’s job listings.
Looking for a challenge with coworkers that feel like family? Software consultant Jack Lazorchak shared what it’s like to work for Fort Washington dev shop Chariot Solutions, and it sounds like the perfect dynamic of warm fuzzies and cutting-edge technology. Sort of like a robot puppy, but less unsettling. Apply here!
Data geeks, we got your number:
- Cloud-hosting provider Linode is looking for a Data Center Operations Specialist who is enthusiastic about hardware and servers, and likes an office with some “real” history.
- Data whisperers, the Philadelphia Media Network needs you! The parent company of Philly.com, the Inquirer and the Daily News is hiring a Senior Data Analyst to help preserve public interest in journalism. No pressure.
Managers of all things operational, here’s a little something for you:
- Ecommerce network ShopRunner is hiring a Product Manager of Payments. The company is all about inclusion and maintaining a robust stash of snacks. Those are some values we can get behind.
- Engine Room — a web dev firm that loves a good side project — is seeking a Project Manager.
- Old City digital branding shop [2 One 5] Creative is looking for a strategic-minded Senior Account Manager who will enjoy its “super rad culture” and complimentary haircuts. Because when you look good, you manage accounts good. Is that the saying?
- Senior Integrations Manager, Connectors, ShopRunner
- EDI Specialist, Deacom
- Software Engineer, IQVIA
- Senior Digital Content Manager, Visit Philadelphia
- Product Designer, Perpay
P.S. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Recognition for women in tech, jobs for all
This Week in Jobs: The Blockbuster of career newsletters
All of your employees are brand ambassadors. Yup, even the unhappy ones
Join the team at Odessa working to shake up the global leasing industry
Philly tech companies are trying these 4 strategies to bridge the gender gap
Philly’s tech industry added 8,000 new jobs since 2013
Tech execs: Here’s how you can make layoffs a less traumatic experience
How this Vistar Media software engineer succeeds on an ‘inclusive team’
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia