This year’s Dev Talks event features an incredible lineup of experts.
As part of Philly Tech Week 2018 presented by Comcast, the all-day Dev Conference at Temple University takes place Wednesday, May 2.
We’ve got the goods on topics the entire tech industry has been buzzing about, so don’t “Slack” off and miss it. Bad attempt at a tech pun, sorry.
Presented in a new format from last year’s event, the talks will take place in four rooms, each with a specific focus:
- AI & Machine Learning
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Big Ideas
- Leadership & Soft Skills
Attendees can stay in one place or float between rooms to learn a little something about everything.
Not a dev? Not a problem. Conference event coordinator, Lauren Giles, urges anyone interested in the featured topics to attend.
“I’m really excited about the new format and I’m hoping we’ll get even more diverse attendees this year,” Technical.ly’s Giles said. “Not just devs, but people in managerial roles, PMs and UX designers.”
So, come one, come all!
Now, without further ado, we proudly present the first round of speakers:
- Nagele is the cofounder, CEO and “team happiness leader” of Wildbit. She’s mastered the task of directing and nurturing a remote workforce since 2000, and will share her “Practical Tips for Successful Communication With a Remote Team” in the Leadership & Soft Skills room.
- Landau is a partner engineer at Slack. He’ll be sharing his expertise on “Building Fantastic Applications for the Slack Platform.” He’s also wildly into Philadelphia sports, so if you’re dying to meet him, there’s your ice-breaker.
- As the cofounder and CEO of IntegriChain, Leininger is an expert in the healthtech space. He’s also authored six books on Unix, the internet and Java. So when he talks about “Improving the patient experience using technology,” it’s not a bad idea to take notes!
- Rocque leads innovation efforts in the technology solutions division of TD Bank. He’ll be speaking on Big Ideas. With a mind that earned him a master’s in Atmospheric Science, things are bound to get interesting.
- “Leader of the New Finance Revolution,” Hargrave is the publisher of Bitcoin Market Journal and CEO of Media Shower. We can’t think of anyone more qualified to talk about “The Blockchain Revolution: How Blockchain Technology is Transforming the Economy and the World.”
- VP of engineering at Amino Payments, Wharton will break down everything you wanted to know about “Blockchain: Beyond the Buzzword.” He has been working in tech since he was a teenager and is also a marathon runner. So, basically this guy don’t quit.
- Quinn is SVP of Solution Lifecycle Management at Cerner Corporation. She’ll be combining her 25 years of experience as a HIT professional with her organizational growth prowess to serve up essential tips on “Creating an environment to advance your career.”
- CIO of the LeBron-loving Power Home Remodeling, Wenhold has helped create a state-of-the-art collaborative intelligence platform that is transforming the home remodeling industry. Learn more about his approach to tech in “A.I. & You: Discovering Opportunity in the Forest.” But don’t let his suit fool you. Wenhold preempted his impressive tech career with a stint as a touring musician.
- Wong’s experience as a machine learning and data science researcher at Penn’s School of Medicine will inform their “Machine Learning for Healthcare” talk. Wong uses both side of their brain, excelling as both a researcher and an artist.
- Veller is the CTO of digital engagement at EPAM. He has extensive and diverse experience with complex software systems, including building bots with Microsoft, Amazon Alexa and AWS Lambda. Find him talking about “Natural Language-First Systems: To Be Or Not To Be” in the AI & Machine Learning Room.
Stay tuned for more info on upcoming speakers at this year’s Dev Talks, and don’t forget to register!
Attend the Dev Talks for $20, or get yourself an all-access pass to the entire Dev Conference for $65 (includes workshops and talks).
Thank you to all our #PTW18 Dev Conference sponsors!
- University of Pennsylvania
- Power Home Remodeling
- TD Bank
- Chariot Solutions
- Temple University Fox School of Business
- JPMorgan Chase & Co
Here’s what to expect from the virtual Women in Tech Summit this July
A Reactadelphia organizer on how to make your tech meetup a success, even when it’s virtual
Tech nonprofits: ‘Use this time to create awareness of your cause’
See you on Zoom: 11 tech meetups, seminars and conferences to attend virtually in May
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia