“How can we get more involved in the local tech community?” Inevitably, as the swirl of Philly Tech Week 2018 presented by Comcast begins to build, that question seems to surface more than others.
But the answer is not always obvious. While we’re fortunate to have a well-established (and thriving) tech community here, sometimes those local circles can be quite concentric.
One of the ways that Technical.ly supports the tech community is by publishing daily journalism about companies of all sizes and people of all backgrounds, and creating inclusive events that bring them together. We even reconfigured this year’s PTW to be more inclusive and more focused on first-time connections (see here, here and here).
Encouraged by the enthusiastic support of Technical.ly’s new membership program, we started to think about that question: How could companies get more involved? With that in mind, and with a particular goal of fostering community impact through independent, local media, we’re launching the PTW Community Supporter sponsorship.
Here’s how it works:
- At the beginning of #PTW18, we’ll announce the first group of PTW Community Supporter sponsors. The program will be limited to 10 organizations for 2018 and you can find out more here.
- Community Supporters will be included in our invitation-only stakeholder meetings, held quarterly. These stakeholder meetings bring together a dynamic group of civic, startup, corporate and community leaders, who help shape our programming and find ways to partner with other stakeholders.
- During PTW, you can sponsor two PTW scholars (for community members who are unable to cover the cost of certain events). We’ll do a special “thank you” post to our Community Supporters during the week, and later in the year we’ll publish an individual update showcasing how your organization is increasing involvement in the community.
- In addition, your organization will be branded on conference signage, included in our social media campaigns, as well as receive two complimentary tickets to our all-new Introduced Conference and our Signature Event Party at Reading Terminal Market.
- And lastly, you’ll have five complimentary Technical.ly memberships to distribute to your team. Our new Membership Program directly supports our community reporting and connects you with other civic-minded professionals. Plus, we have secret members-only events! Think of membership as a valued investment in your staff.
Our updated mission is simple: Philly Tech Week convenes and connects people who use new tools and processes to make a better future for all communities.
We’re excited to welcome new organizations into the Philly Tech Week ecosystem. Ready to join us?-30-
These 4 language choices can help squash gender bias
3 moves that make hiring managers look twice at NET/WORK
Meet these 47 companies hiring tech talent at NET/WORK Philly on Feb. 26
This rising fintech startup is helping make life’s expenses easier to manage
Reclaiming the hiring process might be the new/old business model to sustain local news
The Philly Tech Week 2019 calendar is filling up. Here’s what you need to know
NET/WORK Philly is just weeks away. Here’s what to expect
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia